Food question.....

Discussion in 'The Great Indoors' started by SuperMonkey26, May 8, 2010.

1. I hope everyone is doing well this evening. I have a kind of out there question about a food recipe. This really doesn't belong in The incredible, edible herb as it's not pot related and I don't know where else to put it so here it goes.

Do any German members or people who have lived in Germany know how to make the version of Currywurst that appears around Rammstein? See, I used to love this shit as a kid, haven't had it in over twenty years. But because of this stuff, to this day I still put curry in my ketchup for shit like frech fries and bratwurst.

Here is my problem though, in searching for recipes on the internet it turns out that Currywurst is made differently depending on what region you are in. The basic recipe for all ranges from simple (Bratwurst, Ketchup, Curry powder) to complex (Tomato sauce, curry, bunch of other stuff). The one I want to know how to make is from the Rammstein area from the street vendors circa mid 80's, in the open air markets. I know this is a far stretch but I figure if anyone can help me some lone grasscity super hero will come in and save the day.

Also if I can make them I want to take them in to work on monday because this chick is leaving to have a baby and they are having a big pot luck. I also have a tendency to ramble while fucked up which is what I have been doing for this whole thread so I will shut up now.

2. I love all types of wurst, and I've never heard of currywurst. It sounds fucking delicious. Post back if you get the recipe you're looking for.

3. I am thinking about just experimenting this weekend as the basic recipe is pretty simple. I think if I grill or fry the bratwurst's and make the sauce by heating ketchup and curry in a pan together may do the trick. I am also thinking about adding some tomato soup to make it more saucy since ketchup is kind of thick.

4. Experimentation is your best bet, based on your memories of the dish when you tried it.

I like this one only using bratwurst instead of kielbasi. EDIT: I also add some extra curry powder.

German Currywurst - All Recipes