Foo much light?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by hyDRO_GRO, Aug 29, 2018.

1. I have a thousand watt metal halide that I'm using for my veg. It is brand new and I have it about 2 ft above my canopy. I have a couple leaves that seem to be canoeing. They say you can have them as close as 16 in. And being that they're sativas why would they be showing signs of heat stress from that far away?

Sent from my SM-T378V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. [​IMG]
    see the chart a 1Kw M/h can get down to 9 inches at 62247 Lu before shit happens

but hey thats with good venting

a small fan and a 6 inch vented extract is a must

good luck

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Ventilation and cool tubes are everything when it comes to reducing heat stress, if your room isnt vented and light heat isnt being extracted, you can still damage your plants from 2 feet away.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. I've got a aircooled reflector hood and my temps are at 75-77. I'm just gonna raise the sh#%. Thanks for the input

5. Dude u need to start a “grow” journal or read past thread everytime I sign on u got another question. Do some homework

• Like Like x 1
  6. Hey one more thing...will the leaves that have already canoed ever go back to normal?

7. If it’s a young plant it won’t be able to handle the light being to close. Gotta back off it’ll still get the lumens it needs to grow

8. That's the point of a forum

9. You’ll still get attention ppl will answer your questions and when u need to look into an issue in the future all the information you need will be in one journal compared to 100 different post. That’s the point of this forum

• Like Like x 1
  10. if you increase humidity to the normal 65% in veg 55% in flower yes they will

study your venting for any faults

I hang a thread of my lights to indicate they are at the correct height for the giving Lu and temp

good luck

11. I use my 1000W with an open hood as close as a foot away but when I need to use the 1000 I usually have it on my Light Rail® so it's on the move and leaves don't get baked just sitting under a stationary hot bulb.

If it's only happening to a couple leaves it could be that your reflector is forming a hot spot and those leaves just happen to be in it. I made a reflector from an old street lamp that was lying on the side of the road from a car hitting a pole. Only had a 150w hps in it and it burned leaves in two bands of light across the canopy from about a foot away.

I like to have a fan blowing across the canopy too keep leaf temps down.

• Like Like x 1