Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Follow Up Appointment Specific Question

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by AHighElf, Nov 12, 2016.

1. In my state chronic pain is a qualifying condition for getting a Medical Marijuana Card. I have the proper medical documents proving my chronic pain that is shown on an x-ray. I read that it's required to go to follow up medical marijuana appointments every 6 months after receiving your medical marijuana card, I believe with the doctor that prescribed your medical marijuana card. If this is true, do I have to go to a separate doctors appointment and get a new x-ray of my qualifying condition every 6 months before each of my follow up appointments? Or is my original x-ray of my chronic pain all I need for each of the follow up appointments? Or does it depend on the medical marijuana doctor?

2. Ask your doc or the people that issue the cards
    or google your states laws

3. Thanks, your post gave me the best answer that I'm going to get for now:
    "The physician has a reasonable expectation that he or she will provide follow-up care to the patient to monitor the efficacy of the use of medical marihuana as a treatment of the patient's debilitating medical condition."
    Hopefully they simply ask me if it's working so I don't have to get multiple pain in the ass x-rays.