Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Foggy Stained Glass

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by oseb, Jul 10, 2010.

1. So i got a new glass bowl recently and after i went thru the first bowl where you know its done because you can hear the whistle of the lighter going thru the hole, i noticed that the inside of the bowl had become quite foggy (like when you breathe on glass) except it doesnt go away, and its still there a week from then. I tried cleaning it with iso alcohol and then iso alcohol with salt, but its still there. Does anyone know why the glass permanantly fogs up, and how to clean it if possible?

2. :smoke:is your pipe frosted?
    like did they sandblast the bowl or something?

3. Im a noob, so i don't really know what you mean by frosted, and i dont think it was sandblasted, because it started out clear (clear as a wine glass)

4. Its just the heat from the flame causing a big temp. change so its fogging up. Put the flame from the lighter on like a window or something and you will see condensation build up.

5. why wouldnt it go away after a week of not being used and then being cleaned though if its just condensation

6. Ahh i got ya. I really dont know then. Do you have a pic of it?

7. It dosen't matter, its going to get dirty regardless.

8. I think what he's talking about is resin build-up on the inside of the bowl. If you've only smoked it a few times it will just look like a film coating the inside. It will onl'y get worse every time you smoke it. The best and cheapest way I've found to clean my bowl is Awesome.

9. I think simple green works great also. I do the same, just soak my piece in it overnight and its clean. Its concentrated too so depending on the dirtiness, ill dilute the solution.