Fogger?

Discussion in 'Aeroponics' started by ZOMxBUD, Feb 14, 2013.

1. So I don't have a water pump, I just have a dual port air pump & a single air pump since my pants out grow the container and small pump. A pond fogger from lowes is 40 bucks & bigger than a decor fogger. What do you think will work better?

I might just get the fogger & get something to set my pump on in the res since its just to short. Or should I just go fogger all the way? I don't think a mister will make as small microns as a fogger.

2. fog is definately smaller micron size than mist, any day of the week. You have my attention with any fog setup tho always wanted to try it

3. maybe mount the fogger on the side of your res, just use lots of silicon to seal up the holes you make

4. I was just going to put it in a tuper wear container with hole drilled in it & drop it there. I just don't feel like they're getting the maximum nutrients they can, & plus I'm not aero just a big ass bubble phonic setup lol. I took a thermometer from work & punched it threw the lid & my res is about 70 degrees so it might warm my nutes a little & the tuper wear will protect the roots.

Ill post a picture if the type of fogger I get. It's made for small ponds so I think it can handle the nutes. Ill just have to black out the LEDs

5. Foggers, from what I understand, are only good for up to the first 5 weeks, then the plants begin to suffer. Use the fogger and the sprayers you have. You can't run atomized water droplets unless you've got your pump at LEAST 40 psi with the perfect set up. If you want some links to some of the threads that I've found (goldies), on that sorta stuff just message me.

6. i use 1 fogger in my home made fog cloner i made. i use it for rooting cuttings. it works quite well establishing herringbone white roots.

7. Next grow for sure, I'm almost done & out if funds. Which model are you using?

8. my fogger is a little giant one, single disk.

9. foggers produce 5-7 microns in term is the smallest you are going to get. also with the fogger you tend to produce more of a fine hair on your roots witch helps in the later stages nutrient uptake so just remember when starting out a clone the heather the root structure in the beginning when the later stages hit the plant is going to benefit 20x more as an adult

10. I'm getting one before my next grow. Ill have one plant with a fogger & one with a water pump.

11. Good deal hope it works well for you

12. I use foggers (one in each tank).

They work and very well.

There are a few caveats, but no showstoppers.

13. Jolly* do you seem to have an issue with the resiavore getting to hot? Just asking because you are the first person I have ever met that' dose the same I to use a fogged in each res.

14. I use a chiller (1/4 hp) the only way to go.

Soup temp is 61 deg F.

Check out my rig.

15. Where is it I don't see a picture

16. Click on the link to my rig.

17. Dude there is no link

18. Fog/RDWC combo is amazing

19. I will assume you are referring to my rig ;)

Tanks are the way to go IMO.

As for foggers,

1. The OEM transformers are shit.

2. The caustic nature of the soup eats the chrome plating away.

I am trying an epoxy coating to limit this.

3. They work, ignore the haters.