Foam Roller Appreciation Club

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by DaDankSkunk, May 2, 2012.

1. Hey guys. Foam Rollers are the shit. They - are - the - shit.

Who else has one?

2. Whats a foam roller man ?

3. yeah, they're pretty great. Painful at first but it hurts so good? :D

[​IMG]

4. Here is some good basic info on foam rollers.

Taken from The (almost) Magical Foam Roller | Running Times Magazine

5. Thanks man! That looks preety cool. Do you have any noticeable differences from when you before you started using the roller ?

6. Do you think you would notice the difference before and after going to a massage parlor? :D

On a more serious note, yes my muscles loosen up, knots disappear, and there is less strain while stretching and running. Definitely a must have.

7. Yup, I've got a foam roller. I'm actually a licensed massage therapist among other things and the foam roller is second only to a really strong therapist who can make it hurt so good.

Can't really do "trigger point release" with a foam roller, but it is great for general massage and loosening up.

Trigger point release is basically applying moderate to heavy static (stationary) pressure to a muscle knot until it softens. If you use the correct degree of pressure (yes you can use this technique on yourself, but some areas can be hard to reach) you should feel a release within 10-30 seconds and additional ones when you continue to hold the pressure.

8. Damn. I've had ART and Graston therapy on my legs from having exercise-induced compartment syndrome. That shit was pretty painful, so painful and good at the same time. Is trigger point release like ART?