Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

flying out of California airports with MMJ

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by frenchinhale93, Sep 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I've heard a lot about the Oakland airport's policy on carrying MMJ with you on flights, but what about the SFO or SJ airport? I'm going to be flying into a non medical state out of either Oakland or SFO and I want to know what the policies are. I've heard that they don't notify the authorities at your destination from the Oakland airport and as long as you have your state-issued medical card, you can travel with marijuana. But do I have to keep it in my carry-on bag or checked bag? Has anyone tried this?

2. Not a good idea, once you get on that plane you go from state to federal. You could get royally fucked if caught with weed on a plane, especially flying out of state

3. ^^^. This. I have heard pwoplw that go from sf to la with no prob but crossing state lines let alone flying to another state that Is not mmj. Not even worth the risk. Now sneaking it on that is whole other topic we can't talk about. But it works.

4. you cant fly with marijuana.
    not sure who lied to you.

believe me, a bunch of my family works for the airlines...
    flying with pot is a terrible idea.
    regardless of having a MMJ card.

hell if you drive across state lines with MMJ you go down if you get caught in a non-medical state...
    where do people get this kind of information

5. Yeah risk not worth reward. You are better off getting bud when you land. It's sketchy but... So is admitting you are in possession of an illegal substance...

Good luck whatever you decide. :smoke:

6. #6 Sgtstadanko707, Sep 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2012
    [quote name='"ckycampmember"']you cant fly with marijuana.
    not sure who lied to you.

believe me, a bunch of my family works for the airlines...
    flying with pot is a terrible idea.
    regardless of having a MMJ card.

hell if you drive across state lines with MMJ you go down if you get caught in a non-medical state...
    where do people get this kind of information[/quote]

Because in ca u can fly out of SFO San Jose and one other air port allow mmj users to fly with there meds. I like how u talk from experience but your not from a mmj state.

http://www.safeaccessnow.org/article.php?id=5823
    Check it out. I love how people like to chime in on something that they know nothing about.

7. "San Jose police Sgt. Ronnie Lopez said they also do not arrest or cite passengers with medical marijuana at the airport or seize their drugs. They do, however, write a report and send it to federal authorities, who determine whether to file charges, he said."

yeah sounds like a great idea :rolleyes:

dont be stupid, if you have a medical card you can just buy it when you land in the same state. if your changing states figure out another way.

8. Lol we don't arrest them we just turn them over to the Feds. And then they decide what try want to do. And they can arrest you. In any state. With or without a card. Just isn't the best idea.

9. [quote name='"DarkSideofHerb"']Lol we don't arrest them we just turn them over to the Feds. And then they decide what try want to do. And they can arrest you. In any state. With or without a card. Just isn't the best idea.[/quote]

I agree I would never do it. I like how they said u could bring 8 oz. holly shit.

10. Law in an airport is not law on the streets. It is a FEDERAL offence in an airport, therefore if ur caught the punishment is going to be a lot harsher than if it were on the streets.

11. Yeah like come on fly with 100 plants it's cool we won't tell! Shhhh.....

12. [quote name='"SammySess"']Law in an airport is not law on the streets. It is a FEDERAL offence in an airport, therefore if ur caught the punishment is going to be a lot harsher than if it were on the streets.[/quote]

This is correct because it's homeland security that's doing all the checks. But there have be numerous blades on here that have flown out of these airports with no problem. I don't get how that can work.

13. Yeah I figure if it's not caught by smell. When it goes through the X-ray thing how they can't be like uh what the fuck is that shit? But crazier shit has happened....

14. This is covered in the sticky about travelling above

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.