flushing?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by whatyoulookinat, Jun 20, 2009.

1. i cant find any thing in the stickies about it and i just wanted to kno what is flushing a plant? how do i do it? i grow in soil so how much should i do it and when?
    thanks in advance

2. Run water at least 3 times the volume of the pot through the soil (so 9 gallons of water through a 3 gallon pot, for example). It literally rinses and cleanses the soil, removes salts and excess nute build-up.

And if you use the search button and look for threads with "flush" or "flushing" in the title, there's plenty of info to find.

3. yes what toastie says. what kind of soil is it? if its miracle grow i would flush about 10 to 14 days before harvest date. if its organic maybe 5 to 7 days. 3x pot size is good flush amount. after flushing, only give the plant water. maybe some molasses if its in your regimen. hope that helps.

4. I don´t flush. I did an experiment one year - ´flushed´ half of my grow, the other half kept giving organic ferts right to the end.

Guess what, couldn´t taste any difference whatever - although the ones given ferts gave a somewhat larger yield.

Another old wives´ tale, IMHO. People read that this is the thing to do and just repeat it as if it were gospel.

5. I trust your judgment Cantharsis and that leads me to this question: Since FoxFarms isn't truly organic, what would your recommendation be as to whether to flush my plants or not come harvest time, being as I use their products?

Thanks!