flushing the last week or two.

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by stoned budda, Dec 24, 2007.

1. I smoked some blueberry with a friend of a friend this weekend. It was the sweetest tastiest blueberry i ever smoked. I asked him about how he got it so tasty and he said the last 2 weeks before harvest he flushes with fresh water, but he adds this concoction he makes out of molassess and liquified sugar, he starts giving them the stuff as soon as he sets the lights at 12/12, but at the last two weeks no nutes just water and the sugar shit. he grows in a bubble bucket set up and the stuff he made is pretty watery. i always just flushed with water, anyone else do this before. im gonna try it though cause that was some tasty bud.

2. I'm guessing he's using 1-2 TBS per gallon. I was sort of under the impression this was a common practice.

3. Your friend knows what he is doing, that's a good plan. I don't agree with using processed sugar though I know others use it, but it's definitely a good idea to flush about 2 weeks before harvest and stop using nutes. Molasses can be added throughout flower.

4. I use a mollassess mixture thru out grow, but when i flush i just use fresh water, nothing else. he going to make me a batch of the shit. He said its pure cane sugar which he figured out a way to liquify it, mollassess is the other main ingreadiant. i have no idea what else is in it or what prossess he uses to get the right consistancy, but it flows like water, has no stickyness to it and it taste pretty fuckin good just extremly sweet, he said he may try to patent it. the dude is a chemestry major at carnegie mellon. He said to use it at a rate of 3 tbsp per gallon. Im telling you this was the most flavorfull weed i smoked in a long time.

5. I have read soil grows need 2 weeks of flush but hydro only needs one week,makes sense because of the residual nutes which hide in soil but cant in hydro.