Flushing question?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by BlastMan, Jan 14, 2013.

1. I've read a few post about this and i still dont get it?

its an indoor grow in soil.

Im adding water every 2 days with nuts.

I want to start flushing about a week before harvesting.

My question is during flushing do i water the same amount every 2 days of nuts free water or do i have to water them with a lot more water than what I was doing before Flushing?

2. Alright sounds like your confused, when you decide your gonna stop using nutes, water, or flush your pot with 3 or 4 times the pot size, just pure water NO nutes, all in the same 15 minute period. So if your pot is 3 gal dump 9 gal through your pot, then from this point on use NO nutes,all nuts are done now for good. But your still gonna water like normal

3. Thanks Motoxer

4. And why do you believe you should attempt to flush soil?

Lol

J

5. Well its my first grow. From what i've read many people suggest that weed will taste better and burn better if flushed.

And i dont want to smoke Nuts!

What would you suggest?

6. I would suggest that hydroponic nutrients should be used in a soiless medium - coco, rock wool, chunky perlite - whatever; but not in soil.

I do agree that when using hydro nutes in a soiless medium salts should be rinsed away. In soil, either dry organic amendments or organic bottled nutrients should be used, and do not need to be flushed. Again, chemical nutes should not be used in soil.

I see many making this, (what I have come to learn) mistake. Soil relies on bacteria, ie: soil microbes to break down organic matter into usable plant food. By using chemical nutrients these soil microbes are killed off, and now the nutrients are relied on because there are no microbes to break down the soil into plant food. This is why I said to pick one or the other and to not mix them.

Flushing soil is a hard thing. If you are using organic nutrients you do not need to do this. I you have used chemical nutrients then you may as well, but it simply doesn't flush like a soiless medium will -

J

7. You just turn around and press the lever down

8. First thing you need to do is stop watering,and feeding so much.You do not feed every watering,and watering every 2 days unless it's really small containers in a hot/dry room is over watering.

Pick your container up when its fully wet.Then water when the container is very light.Feeding only every other to every 3rd,or even 4th watering.Depending on your plants.

They will tell you when they need food.

copy this into google:

grow 8 oz of bud for under $100

First option should say PDF.Free book there.

Best read for new growers IMO,and it's free.

Never mind what lights he uses.Which is amazing.

He shows you a day by day grow.

Enjoy...

9. Where can I get dry organic and bottled organic noots? I would like to make the switch but don't wanna play the trial and error game

10. I use organic nute's and I still flush/rinse out the soil, it still makes a difference. I use the bio bizz range. they're good value

I stop adding nutes and just use water for the last two weeks. the first one being lots of water, the others just a little run off. it usually takes a week before seeing visible signs that the plant is used up its nitrogen, after the two weeks the plants is fully cleaned out with all the fan leaves turns yellow and red

11. these are what I use...

[​IMG]

12. #12 jerry111165, Jan 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2013
    Hi Motoxer.

A true organic (living) soil does not require any bottled nutrients whatsoever. Take a read through these two threads, I think they might help you out. PM me for further help once you've read through them if you are interested.

http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-m...door-gardening-without-bottled-nutrients.html

http://forum.grasscity.com/organic-growing/1116550-easy-organic-soil-mix-beginners.html

Soils are constructed with everything being added to get your plants from start to finish with no bottles. PH does not need to be checked, flushing is not required - there are no chemical salts or bottled nutrients to attempt to remove and you can continue to reuse your soil time after time. Simply keep this soil moist with dechlorinated tap water throughout.

This is as easy and as effective as it gets.

J

13. jerry your the man bro! i always enjoy your posts.

14. depending on the nutes i am using, which i need to go organic, but i flush a couple times during veg and couple during flower. everyone has there on way, that doesnt make it the wrong way.

15. I use the Earth Juice line which u get from the local Hydro store. It is all organic and already has the mixture of natural element to fertilizer the plant, since I made the switch to organic I found that no flushing is needed. I do however stop feeding them two weeks prior giving strictly plain water, at the end if harvest you can recycle the soil. To do so you will have to add amendment but its worth it by a long shot, by the way Jerry knows his shit when it comes to organically growing. Why put man made chemicals in your body, some are even know to cause cancer, I think I'll pass. Good organic weed us better than bomb weed from with chemicals.

16. Thanks for all your advice!

I might have done a few thing wrong But im harvesting in 2 Weeks and plants looks great.

Since i have use Nutes ill still try to give them a good flush and hope to remove most of it

I may try to go organics next time.

17. Thanks Jerry and KI. What is my yield gonna do, my set up is a 1 plant space with a 400 hps bearing down with 5 CFls on the lower half, using only prestine RO water, I achieve very good yield for 1 small plant, I am not gonna sacrifice with organics am I?