Flushing Plants ?

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by Kb777, Dec 9, 2011.

1. Wondering if I did this correct. I flushed plants down to under 100 ppm for 10 days as of today 12-08-11. Plan on harvesting over the wkend. I guess what I'm asking is does this sound okay. I put tap water ph @ 6.7 & ppm at 350 out the tap. Poured gallons upon gallons, yesterday I check the little water @ bottom of tray under the pots and water was @ 400-420 ppm after drainage... Am I good to go? Just to add each pot are 3G and I put about 10 gallons each day everyday for flush. Thank u GC

2. you should be fine ...

3. well wait a minute!!!!!!!tap water?????you should be using reverse omos or at least tap water that has sat out for a few days to let the chlorine dissapate

4. thats true,mikeyman,i don`t worrt about my tap water ,i`m on a well,and since i didn`t think about the chlorine aspect of it, i would say it`s important to clear the chlorine first.but if he`s already been 10 days of flush he should be ok or they would have reacted. mikeyman you are 110% correct,my bad !!!

5. Sorry I do have well water. Now I just have to try to master the harvest and curing part. My last two grows smelled like hay!!!! But I really didn't flush like I did this time and hope that was the reason for the hay smell last two times. God I hope it goes good,

6. hay smell ?try to dry very slowly

7. Yeah last time I think I hung them for like 5 days. I'm reading up big time. Trimming as we speak fun

8. The hay smell likely has to do with the curing process, try hanging it longer in a room with only marijauna in it, nothing else, dark cool and dry.

9. Also try trimming it tighter. I've heard a lot of people on here complain about a "hay" smell, then they go re-trim their buds and say its gone

10. Okay hung plant and trimmed it up like a mad man. Not fun at all diff looking into the pro spin for next time. After 5 days of hanging the buds were dry as hell. Tried hard to up the RH in the room but only got up to 40% humity. By end of 5 days bud was about to fall off almost to dry. Jarred up buds and so far no hay smell but not much dank smell also. Pop each jar every 12 hours for about 30mins to air out. Waiting for that sweet dank smell to return. Still happy that it doesn't smell like hay. I really think that it was lack of good flushing my last few try's. This time I flushed until my ppm's were under 100ppm.

11. Read up on this a bit my friend, the hay smell comes form not trimming the leaves that curl up around the buds before you hang it. So trim all the leaves that are useless anyway when you pull the plant, then trim the frostyies when its dry. Hope this helps man!