Flushing before flowering

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by limpy L, Oct 7, 2013.

1. #1 limpy L, Oct 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2013
    I just feed my ladies yesterday with nutes. My next watering is only going to be water with cal-mg to help with my low ph. Due to these ladies growing so fast I need to switch to flowering this weekend.

My question is should I leech with straight water and dump 2 gallons on them or should I use the FF flush products? Is there any time frames I should know about? I believe you should flush 2 weeks or more before you harvest and only water with ph correct water. Is that the same for flowering? If so I don't thing I will have enough room. My ladies are 2-3 ft from being close to the light.

2. Flushing, leeching, purging, making it rain, whatever you want to call it should be done regularly followed by an immediate feed. 2 to 3 times the volume of the medium of ph'd water followed directly by a feeding. This will rid the soil of excess salts, and the massive volume of water also causes the plant to go into overdrive, transpiring like crazy to avoid the "flood". Explosive growth should be expected.

If your intention is to "clean" the plant to improve flavor you are better off by practicing proper curing techniques. Its the chloroyphyl that you want outta there, and a fermented cure is how its done. To speed that fermentation up, two days before you are set to chop them down run water that has been brought to a boil through the roots. Drown them bitches, killing the roots and starting the curing process before they ever leave the room.

3. #3 limpy L, Oct 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2013
    A little slow.

Should I only use ph water or FF flush products if it is recommended to flush before flowering.

Just so I understand one of your points. After flushing do I wait until it is time to water again to feed or flush than feed 10 mins after?

4. I purge my medium every ten days or so. basically whenever they tell me theyre ready for another round, so yes...you should be raining on them regularly.

What is in the FF flush stuff anyway? After reading the labels of some of that stuff it amazes me people spend money on it. Ph your water and go to town. No snake oil necessary.

5. Couldnt find a complete label for that stuff, but they do mention yucca, which contains saponin, a natural surfactant. Not sure what else is in that stuff but if you want to add a surfactant to your purge water a couple drops of plain old ivory dish soap will fit the bill. Avoid soaps that are scented, especially that minty shit. They hate that.

6. Agree with the pirate on keeping it as a regular thing. I run an extra gallen of water through my soil EVERY feeding so theres no salt buildup.( ex 2 gallons before runoff so 2 gallons ph'd water than a gallon nute mix)  Prior to flowering imo nothing extra should be needed- depending on nutes of course. I use master a & b so it actualy slowly changes from veg to flower.

7. Yup yup. I run coco drain to waste with 20-30% runoff, and water every day. That keeps any salt builduos from happening, and even if i push a certain strain a little too hard ive never had lockout/antagonism.

With that said, MIR serves a second purpose, which is to force the plant to put the pedal to the metal and move her ass. My tomatoes do the same thing after a good storm...soon as the rain stops i hit em with acid special and some seaweed extract. Its like steroids for plants.

Why am I just now finding out about this? Boil water and pour it into my plant?? Or, do I boil the water, put it in a bucket, and set my plant in the bucket of scalding hot water and let the roots suck it up? Sorry for my ignorance...this is the first I'm hearing of this. (I'm about to harvest my first grow)

9. Meh, you don't have to but it does speed up the drying/curing process a bit. Then I go through the usual trim, manicuring every last bit and then the hanging and drying before they go into jars. Humidity is monitored and brought down to 62% and held there with the help of some humidipaks. So long as the humidity doesn't drop too low the curing process will continue and the flavors develop.