Flushing advice

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by TokingNinja, Aug 28, 2008.

1. I need to flush my aurora indica thats been growing in hydro for the last two months now. I didn't get to start flushing until the last week. I was wondering if removing some of the big fan leaves would help lower the nutrient supply and increase the speed of flushing of the buds. Does anyone have an opinion on this?

2. No removing the fan leaves will only let the plant absorb less light and will affect yield depending on how many you remove. Leave fan leaves on, just replace your reservoir or solution with plain pH balanced water for the last week of flower. Depending on how much it was getting fed will determine how long you should flush, but you should be ok with 1 week. Check the water every day to make sure the pH doesnt jump back up because excess nutrients will be released back into the water. You will probably need to change it 2 or 3 times after the initial change before you can just leave it alone. Good luck.

3. ok thanks for the advice. I had no clue the plant released nutrients back into the water.
    :eek:

4. how do you get normal balance ph water?
    do you need to just let it sit out or put something in it? (i think i heard about molasses)