Flush organic nutes?

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by HotPead, Nov 2, 2010.

1. I am using all organic liquid/meal nutes, no chemcial based one.

Do you still need to flush before harvest?

2. nope. Flushing before harvest is nothing but a myth...pure and simple

flushing the media is really only useful in nute overdose situations

3. I agree and disagree with this statement.

Simply because there are so many people who try to pack on the nutrients all the way through their grow.

With soil grows then there really is no need for a flush but with hydro, flushing is just finishing up the grow with fresh water (no nutes added to resevoir).

I have seen some people with Extremely Dark Green leaves when they go to harvest, which is bad because it means there is way to much nitrogen and their herb is going to taste like shit!

But if you are using the right nutes for flowering then there should not really be much nitrogen at all.

I grow both soil and hydro and my plants get ZERO nutrients in the last 2 weeks of flowering. So I guess I technically flush them out.

4. A lot of us are doing water only grows so we're technically "flushing" each time we water....no?

chunk

5. I guess you are right.

Since I have been composting, I really don't use too many concentrated nutrients Organic or Not.

So, yeah :)

6. Here's a photo of a 'grow' that receives between 80" and 100" of rain per year.

Looks like the 'flushing paradigm' didn't go as planned.

Opal Creek, Cascade Mountains, Oregon

"Walk among the big trees and find your peace therein....."

[​IMG]

7. I am not watering with just straight water.

I am using organic concentrated liquid nutes that I add to my water. (ie, fish emulsion, kelp extract, FF big bloom.)

8. HotPead

Sorry about that - I was just being a smart-ass. As usual.

Kill the fish emulsion and go with fish hydrolysate - major difference. Like the difference between a tricycle and a Harley. Seriously.

What form/version of kelp extract are you using?

LD

9. Hotpead,

To further expound on LD's analogy, here is a brief rundown on the differences between fish emulsions and fish hydrolysates.

HTH

chunk