fluros

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by onlysmokingdro, Feb 28, 2006.

1. i was just wondering, with fluros it says it only uses (example 26 watt) but it provides the light of a 100 watt light bulb, is this absolutely true, cause i can only use fluros cause my electrical bill is tight, or should i ignore that and if it says 26 watts, its 26 watts

2. yeah ignore the 100 watt listing, that means the indascendent wattage, which means how much light it "gives out", like the lighting is equivalent to a 100 watt just so you get a better value , but its still a 26 watt

By the way, is yours like a household looking lamp light, or is actually a compact flouro

3. compact flouro

4. fella i used fluoros til i got me a sodium, and if you are using cfls you want to get as many as you can linked in a chain. I still use striplights for 24/7 germing/early vegging, and am currently using 2x 40 watt 4 ft and 2x 3 ft 30 watt lamps as i have a few starters left over from fish tanks.
    I have seen some impressive veg boxes with cfl's and computer fans in speaker boxes and computer cases, so they have their place in m.j. horticulture and are great for learning how things tick

5. Also, check out some journals by Polski. He does his whole grow using fluro. On avg, the yield is alot lower, about an O per plant.