Fluoros to HPS

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Kro-Nesis, Dec 17, 2002.

1. Hey right now I am using a fluoro lamp, and in about 10-12 day I will have my HPS. My plants are into their second week after sprouting, and they are about 2.5inches tall. When I switch to the HPS will the plants get bushier immediately since the lighting has increased. The reason I ask is I have seen alot of pics lately with plants 10 days old that have more internodes than mine. I am using Schultz 20-20-20 in the vegetative, is this feasible? Or shoould I decrease the ratio of N-P-K? What element should be the highest in the ratio at this stage in plant growth?

Also I have a friend who used food coloring (Red) in his water and the plnats he waters with it has a red hue on the outlines of the leaves and the pistils are very red. Is this recommended? (I guess the only reason is for designer coloring)

2. Ya,the plants will do better under the hps.The nutes,you have are ok,but I would recomend a good 3 part nutrient system.That way you can tailor your nutes to your plants needs.As for food coloring,I wouldn`t add anything that isn`t necessary.
    Peace