Grasscity - Cyber Week Sale - up to 50% Discount

Fluorescent T12 vs T8 & How to tell the spectrum?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by gibbson_e, Aug 31, 2007.

1. Hey guys. Today I'm picking up a lot of working fluorescent lights from a lighting company that's giving them out for free. They have T8 and T12 lights, which do you guys recommend I get? Of course I'm thinking lowest wattages, highest lumens but most importantly whatever is healthiest for my plants (good spectrum).

Also, these aren't coming in boxed for me. Is it possible to tell how many lumens or what kind of spectrum it is by perhaps whats written on them?

Btw if anyone is interested on this deal, their zip code is 90248 and you can PM me for their phone number. They have about 100 (4ft ones) left.

2. Well you're asking us about random bulbs that arent coming in boxes from a manufacturer/distributor we know nothing about. It's impossible for us to know anything more about these bulbs than you. Your best bet is just to ask these people what spectrum their bulbs have. I know that if you buy from bigger online suppliers they supply tech documents with more spectrum and light output information than you'll know what to do with