fluorescent lighting wattage question

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by JonnyPotSeed, Nov 24, 2003.

1. Alright would four 75w/20w fluorescent give me enough to grow about 2 blueberry and b52 bomber plants.Thanks for the help. Peace

2. yeah for veg :)

3. Will it be enough to flower?

4. I'd add a 5th for flowering and make it a warm white or daylight color. I use compact spirals with reflectors and clamps and I do okay. Don't forget to use a good flowering fertilizer like Shultz's Bloom Plus. Start at the recommended dose and kick it up a little each week till they're 2 weeks from finished. Then, just use straight clear water to the end. Keep those flo's right on top and right next to the plants. It sounds like you could use some higher bulb wattages, too. Keep adjusting them to fit just 1 or 2 inches away from the outer envelope of the plant(s). They should stay cool and give you a decent haul. You don't want to spray-mist them too heavily at this time, either. A fan would do a lot to help the air move in between the leaves and to keep the buds breathing. If you use all flo's for flowering you better be able to move them around for major close-up lighting. Good luck, Head!

5. Get a $40 low watt HPS when it comes time to flower. Though your floros will work a cheapo HPS will really make a big difference for you.

6. Should I get a ballast with that? I've never even held an HPS system in my hands.

7. yes hps lights need a special ballast thats what cost the most for an hps system but there easy to re wire to a drop cord.

8. no no no man, just go to a home improvement store and get a HPS light. If you go to the outdoor motion security light section many of them are HPS. The ballast is built right in. All you need to do is either hardware the light in, or do what I did and buy a $2 cheap extention cord, cut about 12" off the end you need and wire that to the wires on the light......plug it in and waaaa laaaaa light. Im by far an electrical wizard but its easy and directions come with the light, ballast and all.

If you search the web, you can find them a little cheaper. I got a 150w HPS for $50 on line vs a 75w HPS locally for the same price.

But what ever route you go, you will be amazed, the HPS light reaches farther, warmer, stronger. Much better buds.

9. Roger that. Any particular brand of motion sensor/lighting apparatus to recommend? I'm ready to invest.