Fluid sexuality?

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by hiwhatsup, Jan 30, 2013.

1. Since I'm not sleeping tonight, do you any of you believe in this? Like for example I don't think I'm 100 % straight. It's probably like 95% straight 5% gay.

Like I love having sex with girls an am attracted to them, but it's not like I haven't had thoughts from time to time hahah it's the weed man

2. I know what you mean. my whole life I've identified as straight though I have been attracted to a couple females in my life (both emotionally and, erm, physically:) )

idk I don't think I'm a lesbian or bisexual or whatever because the amount of guys I've had any kind of feeling for definitely outnumbers the chicks, but I also wouldnt do myself the disservice of missing out on a great person that could really change my life because of what they're storing in the basement

passion has no gender

3. Yes of course it's real.

Sexuality is not just black and white, gay or straight. It's not even just 3 choices: gay straight, or about half and half. There's a spectrum in between where many people are (I might even say most).

Some people are attracted both emotionally and physically to one gender, and to the other only occasionally, and just physically. This person would probably consider themselves straight or gay, but they're not totally on the end.
    Others have crushes on both, but had more intense crushes on the opposite gender, and only ever do anything about those. Most people would say threyre straight, but they aren't totally. And that's ok.

I am somewhere in the middle. I call myself Bisexual, a term which I define as the potential to be attracted to either sex. I'm not 50/50. I always was more likely to be attracted to other girls, and I was liked more of them, but I had more experience with guys, because a) men are easy, b) most of my friends are male, and c) Bitches be straight.
    But when I do manage to get together with a girl I like, I get way more emotionally involved than I ever do with guys.

BUT that doesn't mean I don't also like guys, or that the relationships I've had with guys aren't valid.

4. ^^^^couldnt have said it better

5. I don't even know what the fuck to call it anymore. I was always physically attracted to girls, but I really like having sex with guys. I don't know, I'm kind of just "letting it flow" and whatever happens happens.

6. I reckon since actually looking into whether I was gay or not, I figured out I was straighter than I thought. It's like if you constantly try to repress an idea in your head, it just comes back stronger and stronger. If you try to deny any gay urges then it just comes back stronger and stronger. When I actually tested it, it seemed alright at first then I quickly lost interest.

I'd say 90% straight 10% gay.

Before I actually looked into it I was thinking 70% straight 30% gay.

7. Yeah, "Nothing secures a thing further in the mind than a wish to forget it"

But you raise another point, people's perceptions of their own sexuality can change over time, and (I think anyway) their actual sexuality itself can change some too.

8. It a lot of places and times it seemed completely acceptable and natural for young people to have homosexual experiences and then would likely settle into heterosexual relationships for childrearing when they got a bit older.

Probably made a lot of sense pre-birth control.. when one might want to fuck and not have to worry about babies.

It's unfortunate that things have gotten so rigid.

9. i'm all about da pussy

10. No one is 100% homosexual just as no one is 100% heterosexual (Think about opposite ends of a spectrum here.) Everyone just falls somewhere in between

11. speak for yourself LOL

12. That's like saying a colour spectrum goes from Ultraviolet to Infrared but the colours of UV and IR never actually occur.

Why would we have 100% gay and 100% straight if they never occurred? But the vast majority lies somewhere in between.