FL's Hydroponic Adventure

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by Deleted member 1100886, Dec 19, 2019.

1. What light pannels are you running?

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  2. Some cheap ass ones from alibaba.com, honestly I would buy a few more from kingbright on alibaba, but they wouldn’t have the deep red in them, and instead just be a straight 3500k panels.... with the China shit going on, I don’t think I’ll be ordering any more for quite some time..... plus I wanna build one, buddy of mine has build specs for a 4x4 flower and veg light that I’ll not ever be able to crank all the way up due to it being so strong

• Like Like x 2
  3. Are you just getting off the ground?

• Like Like x 1
  4. I've been running a 400 watt HPS for a few years now but I'm gonna upgrade my 2×4 tent to a 4×4 or 5×5 eventually.

• Like Like x 2
  5. ahh nice! See I am also thinking of just going the HPS route for flower.... I’m currently sitting on ~480 true watts.... and to be quick and cheap, I could boost with a 600w hps and get the performance I want

• Like Like x 1
  6. That's what I'm trying to decide go 600 w HPS or LED.

• Like Like x 1
  7. yaaa i would suplement your existing light with a few good led's, thats why i would add the 600w hps to the leds i currently have... with all this virus shit, i feel as though certain things are about to become very expensive due to china down and out

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Oh I know papa! I was just carrying on from reading your post on the comparative one. You are right though this is not an outdoor strain for it to produce.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Yes I guess I'm trying to rationalize kicking them outside lol. My last auto for a long time. Maybe a few in spring due to reveg light hours outside. I just don't get any advantage with them. 20 hours of light and they don't finish any faster. I will say the 3 bears is the best I have grown. Maybe try a few mephisito next spring. But if the photos I am growing are bomb, due to finally have a grow in the zone. That may just convince me to stick with bohdi and maybe a few fems, Barney's rqs etc

Sent from my SM-N960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  10. But I still didn't like the structure of the ACJ. Pretty small and dainty. I pounded them with silica like all my plants. The 3 bears I had to tie the plant up like crazy. They could never hold up the big ass buds. I hate that I want to grow pretty plants too. I guess all of these IG photos and all lol

Sent from my SM-N960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  11. actually if you gonna go that route don't add a 600w..get a ballast that is 600w and dims to 400w..at peak in your cycle go 600w for maybe a wk or so rest of the time you be at 400w..went that route 600w will be too hot and overkill..400/250w even better but hrd to find..been many yrs since i looked..tech probally different by now

• Like Like x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 2
  12. yes but he wants to use old school hps

• Like Like x 1
  13. See id love to use some bohdi but I still don’t know how to swing it with hydro and keep er going..... I really wanna do that one that bleeds red bad.... might have to get a mother tent going

• Like Like x 1
  14. The structure of the ACJ’s for the indoor grower is superb, naturally wants to be scroged from my experience with them so far

• Like Like x 1
  15. Good idea doc! You have any recommendations on Ballast?

• Like Like x 1
  16. Is the chm better worse? I have never really paid much attention to them.... if I get a check from trump I may just build my own cause I know I can for $550 and push more than 800w with it. Shit part is the light will be one solid panel though.

• Like Like x 1
  17. no its been too long

• Like Like x 3