FL's Hydroponic Adventure

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by Deleted member 1100886, Dec 19, 2019.

1. #1 Deleted member 1100886, Dec 19, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2020
    Hello all, Glad to have you here!

so here it is,

Equipment

4x4 tent

2 alibaba 250w 3500k 660nm LED lights by Kingbright, want to add one more 480w 3500k 660nm with uv ir if budget allows

6" infinity T6 cloud line fan with generic Carbon filter

2 hurricane fans

PA Hydroponics R-DWC 4 site kit

PA Hydroponics Res top off kit

BlueLab PH meter

Off brand ppm meter

Nutes

GreenLeaf Mega Crop (base Nute)

GreenLeaf Sweet Candy Plant Enhancer

GreenLeaf Bud Explosion Bloom Booster

Southern States Garden Friendly Fungicide

Seeds

Barneys Farm LSD Auto

Sweet Seeds Red Poison Auto

Sweet Seeds Dark Devil Auto

Dutch Passion Auto Cinderella Jack (Sponsored Grow By The Vault/Dutch Passion)

Game Plan and General Thoughts.........

So I am starting this thread slightly early and preemptive. this run will not be starting till mid january at the earliest i presume due to my current run in SOIL atm.

this will be second run ever and my first run in hydro, along with my first run with autos.

for the most part i will be keeping things as simple as i can, i may top but i feel i will not be and i will just LST and super crop what needs to be.

root control will be a necessity for my grow due to the RDWC tubing is only 1" and flows though every bucket thought one routing of hose, it is not like a fallponics with a 3" return and 1" hose supplying.

TSD/EC will be determined by the weakest plant meaning if one starts to burn, then nutes will be cut back to the one that is at its "max".

i will not be using RO water due to my PPM's are 150 with a 6.8-7.2 PH from the tap, and i am not waisting money.

ill have a 30gal res hooked to the system when i get things stable and have a better understanding of hydro. i do hope that doesn't take long for me and i dont think it will with my "hydro master" in my ear when i hit walls.

i kinda want this to be a really hands off kind of run, meaning just check the water/number and roll on. then do my res changes when needed (7-10 days in between and a flush for 48hrs ever other res change).

the dark devil auto and red poison i have very high hopes for, LSD caught my eye as well, and i am exited to see how the comparative goes as well. so this will be a true 4 pheno grow. i am also realizing what kind of jungle i will be up against with the hydro as well. so this will be a very interesting grow for sure.

i have started this thread in here under indoor growing so that DWC can be seen a little more and maybe people won't be so fearful of it, so far with my mentors help, DWC seems like a breeze to an extent. once one learns how to read number and understand what they mean, its easy. i say this because i understand their relationships and what means what. but this is all in THEORY vs actual practice and i do understand how easy something may be in theory but can be quite difficult in actual practice.

well this is all i have on my mind at the moment, feel free to post up and lemme know what yall think!!!!!!

• Like Like x 7
  2. Sounds like uve done some research and spent some money, I don't use ro water either. Why the flush 48 hrs after every res change? Worried about nute build up? Wish u all the best on ur adventure and looking forward to see how it goes.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. my master told me that it needs to be done for the best product possible, he has also grown using this method for along time and has 40+ years of experience soooo i am not questioning too much LMFAO! but yes i kinda wonder as to why it is done as well..... but i think its so the plant uses up stored nutes and keeps things in check as for toxicity and such, cause that does make a lot of sense to me.

4. Yeah that's the only reason for it I can think of, they take up nutes at different levels. Well from what uve said he sounds like he's taught u well so look forward to seeing the theory to practical, no doubt he will be at ur side if U have any problems.

• Like Like x 2
  5. I’m following this one too, bro! You’re going to do awesome!

• Like Like x 1
  6. ya i know he will be and i am VERY thankful for that. and ya i am really wondering how the theory transfers over to application, that is my biggest fear at the moment.

7. i hope so man, i am excited as hell. i want to tape up my floor to the footprint of my tent (46x46 actual interior measurement) and get my buckets centered up, drilled, and ready to go outside the tent. then leak checked and water lines marked for gallon count. i might have some free time to do this over christmas but i doubt it looking at what the GF wants to do..... i am just hoping i get the eve off and ill do just this. but at the moment it doesn't look promising

• Like Like x 1
  8. It’s exciting, bro! You’ve got the equipment, the skills, and the master sensei, you’re going to rock it.

• Like Like x 1
  9. i hope so man, and i may be going way bigger here soon..... my state just dropped a bill for recreational marijuana and a very close friend wants to apply for a commercial permit and have me run a 20'x20' space above his "business property", its currently an Air b&B but if things change in the law, then that place will become my home with nothing but an electrical bill on my end.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Congratulations, bro! That’s huge! Glad your state is doing the right thing.

11. no shit, but reading the proposed law, it kinda sucks to an extent...... only two dispensaries per county, then more can be established per 2,500 people per city...... sooo you would have to have over 7,500 people to get a third, nothing about nursery's ATM and thats the route i would go if i became commercially involved. but for personal its 5 mature plants max and 5 juveniles max with a permit @ $250 annually and thats a no brainer there. can posses up to 1 zip on persons at a time. so thats not bad to start..... i just wonder if passed how long it would all take to become "active". but my state makes changes fast..... i just hate that i will have to turn in my CCDW

• Like Like x 1
  12. I’m thinking with a start of only two per county demand will be huge to begin with, you’ll likely have your hands full supplying them. That’s a great number for personal, imo, 5 adult and 5 juvies is a nice little perpetual setup. Awesome dude.
    Ouch, yeah definitely sucks about the carry permit bro, especially with so much money involved it’s sad to say. There are ways around it without breaking the law, a pain in the ass though no doubt.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. ya but technically i shouldn't have one now due to i smoke it lol. but i hardly carry anymore...... and when i do its cause i am traveling... so thats what ever...... asl for supplying, i really dont want to supply dispensaries as much as id like to supply people who want to grow.... and at the normal market price of $20 a clone and most cannot get them to keep goin after they buy them..... im sooo in cause thats repeat business and then educate them and boom life customer lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. Lol, fair play. Great idea with the clones, too!

• Like Like x 1
  15. thass a very gd question i'll explain..the very worse thing that can happen thats very hrd to cure is root rot..the roots get attacked ..you can get slime..all sorts of nasty stuff...bacteria thrives at 72 and above up to 102..boiling..you want to run in the mid 60's to prevent that..thass hrd to do witout a chiller or cool ambient temps..you'll probally hit 72 and over at times..so theres that..if anything should try to develop you'll hv a funguscide in there ( garden friendly funguscide) as a regular additive..finally the flush on regular basis to get rid of all that stuff and keep your res clean and sparkling..this is waaay easier than trying solve a funky root problem..prevention lotta easier than the cure..

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. all sounds gd..weak point in rdwc is the flow outlet frm one res to another..theres a current between them thass imperceptible but roots are greedy and will follow that and not stay in the res..plug the hose up at worst ..hijacking nutes frm the rest..one plnt looks great the rest ehhh! find a 2' root in the hose..it happens in rdwc..we'll discuss this later cause not in the build phase

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. Thank you for dropping in if doc!

• Like Like x 2
  18. I don't do hydro as ya all know but I thought I'd stop by and support you .

Sent with my new moo moooo

• Like Like x 6
  19. Thank you heavn and it’s good to have you here

• Like Like x 2
  20. well it seems my order of seeds will not be coming in today. usps says it delayed and still in transit to the next facility.... hope everything is sound with it...

• Like Like x 3