Flowers

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by unity420, Jan 23, 2010.

1. Good day All,
    I am about 2 months into 12/12 flower cycle. I thought it was a boy after a month and a half as there were these pod looking things growing in the bud. So, after some disappointment I figured I would let it go all the way as this is my first. Then I noticed one morning that those pods which I thought would be seeds opened up to be a flower I guess, so does this mean time to harvest or do I let the flowering complete itself? DOnt know the strain as its bag seed. It has all the look of a girl, pistels and all, could this be a Hermie? well any advice will help...Peace

U420

2. The flower should be nothing to worry about.I hear it happens in bagseed sometimes.The buds will be ready to harvest when most of the trichomes are amber colored or cloudy/hazy,I am told.Definitely read up on the processes of the last few weeks of flowering,lots of work to be done.Keep an eye on those trichomes.Good luck!

3. Thanks, I was kinda thinking that already. Just didnt see much traffic written on the flower itself. Got some home work to do. Hairs starting to change color so I think its getting close. I'll start checking tri's to see what's up

4. you need to get a pic up imo cuz what you said about flowers makes me think its a male/hermie

5. Females sometimes grow empty seed pods. This may be what yoiu have, in which case it's nothing to worry about as it doesn't affect the potency at all. In a way it's kind of like hens laying unfertilized eggs (kinda sorta, in my head at least o.0).

6. I just got some Pic's and I will post them here soon. Tri's are looking clear. I too thought it might be Hermie but the PODs opened into flowers. This is my first and I know what I have and have not done right. Next one will be dynamite!! Trying for a Medical strain as I have a card

7. Ok, so 60 days will be 29 Jan, here are the PIc's most show the pods in different stages with one PIC showing an opened pod. Tri's as I said are still clear. One pic shows a very lucky bug. I have them under control he is just a guardian of the BUD HAHA, if anyone can figure the strain great if not great too. Well let me know what you think

Attached Files:

8. yeah male bro

9. Well, at least I have done the first grow and learned. The next will be better and hopefully a female. This will make some tasty hash, So if I get seeds that are "Feminized" will this guarantee a girl or just a better chance at a female?

10. thats a hermie. i bet those herbs that seed came from were less then desirable.

feminized seeds definetely make things easier, but you still need to have some sort of green thumb knowledge to not totally screw them up. keep the grows simple, and things usually go better.

just do some research on what seeds you want. good luck.

11. that sucks bro i feel bad

12. #13 Do Work, Jan 24, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2010
    Yea, full blown herm that was fertilizing itself and seeded itself.

Good news is you grew them throughout the entire grow and kept them alive. Bad news is it looks like you stressed the living hell out of them.

When flowering you have to have complete darkness during night. And I mean no 0 nada, light can be allowed on them, or you will have the chance of this happening.

It could have been genetics... I dunno, but I'm going to guess you did something wrong.

Also: This is very important, after you pull all these plants, make sure you sanitize your grow area. That is just take a very weak chlorine/water solution and spray your area down and wipe it off. It looks like those plants were blowing around a shit ton of pollen and you don't want your next plants getting littered from the pollen from this grow.

13. Well, after all I was trying to get all the wrong things done on this. I know they were stressed but needed to get to the end just to learn. I know now what went wrong, it was bag seed for starters and I knew it would not be good. Yeah it sucks they turned out that way but Hey when kids turn out a bit screwed up ya still gotta love um, so this will go all the way to cure just to get the learning process down then its good seeds from a reputable source for the next one..might even go hydro, didnt really like the dirt thing too much there are good hydro shops around the country to pick from so there will be a plus..Light was also a learning curve, however, this forum has helped a lot..Thanks