Flowering with hps 24/0?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Project ICE, Jan 20, 2015.

1. If i am correct in assuming that you cannot properly flower with hps 24 hours a day then how would you do this situation

4 autoflowers. 
    3 Fem

Been running 600w MH for 20/4 and its time to switch over to HPS for the fems. Is there anyway to safely do this so that the autoflowers will still flourish and for the fems to kick over to flower

2. #3 tenshuu, Jan 20, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2015
    Only way to do that for maximum results is either veg out the photos on 18/6 or 20/4 until the autos finish, just train the photo period plants like crazy before flipping to 12/12 once the autos are pulled

3. you can't flower the photo period plants with less than 12 hours of darkness per day.

And your autos will suffer a lot if you flower on 12/12.

It's a lose/lose situation unless you can finish the autos before flipping the photos. good luck.

4. I played this game recently what an ass pain of taking the fems out and putting them in another dark area for their 12 hours. I kept the autos on 18/6 or so to make the lighting look more normal from the outside.

Nothing like your house looking like a UFO crashed in your house at 2 am!

5. I always wondered if people knew why some people have blue and orange rooms hahahah

6. Lol! It would take another grower to actually put 2-2 together

7. auto flowers work best under 20/4 or 18/6 no less or no more. Check out my thread if you need any advice on autos im here. I subbed up to help if you need