flowering, what is the window

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by antihippy, Jun 27, 2006.

1. I just smoked a little bit of the bud I am growing for my wife, and I got a slight head high, but no body feeling. I am taking this as a sign that the fruit is not matured just yet, and I am wondering what the window for perfect ripeness is at this point.

The fruit is very chrystally but I am sure could be a little more so, and I am wondering how much longer it usually takes at this point to start getting the couch lock effect that acts as an opiate and a sleep aid. Let me know.

P.S. I tried to find a magnifying glass at Radio Shack so I could check but I couldn't find one over 10x, can anyone tell me where to find another one?

2. If you are getting the head high now, I would gander a guess that a few more weeks will bring you to the stage at which it produces a body high along with the head high. Remember, sativa strains will flower longer than indica strains.

Any pics of the offending plant?;)

3. What I got at Radio Shack is a 100x microscope with a built in light that costs about $10. I also have a jeweler's loupe that is 30x that I got off ebay for a few dollars.

4. not yet with the pics, I want to take them in the end, and see if the dier method was in everyones eyes successfull. I have read alot about the method and it was a very controversial move but I think it really paid off for me, and I want to just show the harvest. It was my first grow, and all, and I shocked the plant a ton of times, but it still is producing a shit load compared to my other white widow. I know the Purple Pineberry is a stronger producer, but it is really doing well I think.

there are chrystal that are easily seen.

You still think I have a couple weeks left?

5. Advice I've seen from many experienced growers is that when you think they are ready, give them another couple of weeks. If you are wanting couch-lock then I would for sure wait. So far most of the plants I've grown have really packed on a lot of weight in the week or two after I wanted to chop them also.

6. I guess you could say I use the Diet Dier method. I LST the snot out of them (have to fit the girls and pots in about 2 feet of verticle space) and prune and top/fim as necessary to uncover bud sites and keep the plants short. I don't go quite as scissor happy as Dier but it's hard to argue with the results he's getting. :metal: Also, drying and curing correctly should help some with the potency.