Flowering time

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Chicago-toker, May 13, 2004.

1. What a great website! Can anyone help me out? Wondering about flowering time. Does it start when you change lights to 12/12 or when you first begin to see the sex. I have some females that are doing awesome (6 weeks from light change). I have been watching the calendar and them closely to document length of time for future generations. Also, do all buds begin to burst with resin? Mine are loaded with white pistils but not bursting or dripping with resin? Thanks for the help. Peace

2. When you see the first signs of the plants' sex, that is when flowering has officially begun.

The buds of yours should become quite resinous soon; I had a plant doing the same thing, it is now drenched in resin at just under 7 weeks.

~Lycanthropy

3. Thanks for the reply. That means mine are just under 4 weeks. Hopefully they will double in size and get happy in the next 3-4 weeks. Are you raising an indica or sativa?

By the way, what type of skins are you playing?

4. Hold on a mo. Is that right? I thought the 'flowering time' total was when you first changed the like schedule. So, for instance, if it takes two weeks for the plant to show sex, then it's two weeks into flowering and the plant has six weeks left (assuming its flowering time is eight weeks).

Anybody out there like to pitch in on this one, or have I been harvesting my plants early!!

5. I honestly believe it begins when the sex of the plant is first shown. Think of it in more logical terms--would those two weeks count as flowering time if nothing but foliage grew?

If flowers begin to show, then it's gotta be in flowering. That's the way I look at it. Seems to make more sense to me than the other way around.

~Lycanthropy

6. That makes sense to me. Can I harvest just the nugs and keep the majority of the plant alive to reflower? If so, does it need to go back to the vegetative stage (24 hrs of light) first or right back to flowering (12 hrs of light).

7. youd have to veg it back for 24hrs. if you had immature or underdeveloped nugs, id jus leave them under the light, let them get bigger. revegn a plant and going back to flowering, prolly take a lil less time then going from seed to harvest, assuming you veg 5 weeks, flower 8.

8. Yes, but know that one plant can only be put to harvest three times in one lifetime, each harvest being less potent than the last.

I think it would be about as easy to simply start a new batch of either seedlings or clones.

~Lycanthropy

9. Cool! Thanks for the great info. Peace