flowering time

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Abukuchick, May 11, 2003.

1. I have a plant that has been in flower for about a month now. It is deffinatly female with buds started and everything. I've heard that plants need like anywhere from 6-12 weeks to finish flowering and that the pistols turn red before you harvest. Is it weird that one or two of my pistols are starting to turn red? I don't want it to be done cause the buds are still small, but I also don't know if I can slow the process. I've got as much light on it as I can with 4 fluoros going 12/12. I don't know, I'm just confused!

-Martha

Oh yes, Sprouty was a male and he managed to release a little pollen before we yanked him and now I can see the seeds forming on the female :( That'll teach me to wait and see if it's male! :)

2. The plant is ready for harvest when around 2/3 of the pistils have turned brown.

Your buds might be small because of the amount of light the plant is getting. My Fluro grows were a bit on the crappy side...

easy...

3. just finishing up me first grow with flouros. not at all odd to see pistils changin that early on. believe me they have a long way to go.

i dunno what yer setup is like but i'd advise you to arrange those 4 lights so they point at the plant(s) from at least 3 directions. if i did it over again i'd hang 4' fixtures in between the rows of plants with the lights hung from the sides pointing horizontally at the plants.

good luck.

4. My lights are pretty much covering the whole plant. It vegged on 2 fluoros but I added the other two once Sprouty got the axe and it seems to be growing much better. I have 3 making sure that the light is going to all sides, it gets through the whole plant (the lights are perpendicular to the ground/parralell to the plant) and then I have one on top. I also have tin foil in between the lights around the sides, so its pretty much got as much light as I can give it (at least without starting a fire in my old ass house). Thanks for the advice, I was hoping it has a while to go! I'll let you all know when it's done!! :)

-Martha