Flowering question

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Vivakiwi, Feb 10, 2013.

1. Hi guys, im from NZ, this is my first grow - in the midst of a VERY hot summer here, these are about 2.5 mnths old, they are getting very big/smelly, while i live in a very private area, when we have visitors (not often) i have to move these guys (i know not ideal)

I was thinking about going 12/12 - plants are still in vege - no signs of sex.

Am i able to just move them to a pitch black shed at 9pm and get them back out at 9am?

the shed has NO LIGHT bleeding in at all.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

any info help would be great.

2. I forced some outdoor plants to bloom early by shading them every night at 5 pm. I had them in a cold frame and I just made a hinged opaque lid. The bud came out amazing! Maybe the brighter summer sun was the key. Good luck!

3. #3 renfurd, Feb 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2013
    Pretty plants btw

4. Thanks, the shed has a concrete floor, will be very - cool.

was just wondering peoples opinions on this?

5. Hey im in nz too

Those look really healthy, nice!

Imo you should just leave them in the same sunny spot, mine showed first signs of sex yesterday or today, just checked them today and saw the hairs. So it wont be long for yours.

6. One reason for doing the "fake night" is to confuse potential thieves. People looking to steal outdoor bud will be snooping around in the early fall, by which time your crop is stowed in jars!

Also, you'll be the coolest kid on the block with awesome fresh bud before the seasonal flood from all the other outdoor stuff.

7. Hey Janice, good to see another Kiwi, i had 4 plants, one showed male very early on, when do you think they will start flowering here in NZ?

8. It depends which part of the country you are in, but it should be any day now. I was getting impatient too but don't worry it wont be long, as I said mine started a couple of days ago.

9. Im in the South Island, pretty great summer so far eh :D

10. Yeah I reckon, got to the point where I was annoyed at how nice it was though haha, daylight lasting too long!