Flowering problems

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by PurpAndSyrup, Dec 1, 2012.

1. Hey guys, I am in the 6th week of flowering, and the process has been slow to say the least. That's 6 weeks since turning over to 12/12 so some may consider it to be really 4 weeks of flowering. Regardless, the plants still aren't covered in buds, they do have budsites with the "cotton balls" but I feel like they should be further along. I just today purchased Sensi bloom part A&B along with GH Root Enhancer. I'm a bit confused on why my girls are taking so long to bud out. I'm using 3 400W lights and the lighting should be effecient so I'm guessing it's a problem with the nutes which is why I bought Bloom nutes today.

I didn't have any nutes the first few weeks of flower so I used Dyna-Gro 7-9-5 which seems to be too high in N for flowering, could this be the problem? Thanks for the help!

2. I wouldn't worry about it. I'm on my first grow, and have 3 plants that were females. I used bagseed. I switched to flower 7 weeks ago (on Monday Dec. 3 it will be 7 weeks), and I have 1 plant that is already huge, and has big budding sites and it's already starting to fatten up. I have another plant that's a couple weeks behind that and still has tons of white hairs and is growing, and I have my 3rd plant that is much farther behind. Some just take longer to start flowering. I'll post pictures tomorrow when the lights are on so you can see the contrast. For real, one plant looks like it will be finished in a week or two, and the others are farther. The third is way behind. I'm not sweating it though. Different strains have different times.

3. Ya, I'm still worried though lol. I haven't had this problem and it is starting to make me worry if the plants are going to bud. I don't know what the problem is and right now the only signs of buds are the budsites that have grown right above the fan leaves that have white fuzzy cotton balls appearing on top. They honestly have made progress in the past week so I will have to see how they do the next week or two.

4. Are you sure you have no light leaks during 12 hours dark?

5. How many plants? are they all the same strain? all having problem? do you know the strain? could be like a sativa dominate.. pics and tht info would be helpful..

6. 3 400 watters ay? hows your temps?

7. Temps aren't bad. It gets around mid 80's during the day and about 65-70 sat night.

I don't have light leaks, but I do have a problem with checking on the girls during dark period, which requires turning o the light in the room which is just a normal bulb in any room of the house. I still think that may be the problem to some extent, I don't turn the light on for long, usually less than 5 minutes but that still may be the problem as I usually turn the light on almost every night to check on them. I know it's stupid but I get paranoid, I replaced the bulb with a blacklight to keep me from turning the light on during the dark hours.

8. Change that

9. that sounds like the main/only problem.. interrupting the light cycle is a BIG no no. the damage may be too late so keep a watch for signs of hermaphrodites.

Replacing that bulb with a green light will let you check on the plants without disrupting the photoperiod... not sure about a blacklight

10. Try a 24 hour dark cycle to give em a lil kick start. Then....leave them ALONE during lights off....G/L

11. hes too deep in for trickery :)

12. I use AN and have fantastic results. Replace your nutes and you should be all better

13. I only work during lights on and suggest the same for you. I try also to go on right when the light would turn on so that i can unplug it first and work without it on. I figure that even with a green led...you are still going to let light into the room when you open er up.

14. First two weeks they do jack shit but stretch they really pick up around week six at least it seems in my room weeks five through eight they go nuts

15. Yes to much n will delay flower alot and will give you super leafy buds. I switch to bloom nutes 2 days before the flip and ill have those cotton balls in week 2