Flowering Power Plant

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by youngandstupid, Dec 21, 2007.

1. Day 27

I'm using CFLs (5 42W soft white and 1 105W full spectrum) and am growing in soil with nutes (MG Big Bloom) given every 3 weeks. I topped all of the major buds last week and can already tell the difference.

I've started to make sure that I spend at least 15 consecutive minutes in the basement sitting in front of the fan that is blowing on the girl. I really think that the additional CO2 is helping.

I'm shooting for a harvest of around 3 ounces which I think will end up being right around that amount. I am more concerned with the potency of the plant than anything thought. The last plant became infested with spider mites during the last 3 weeks. They fucked up the plant big time and in my hurry to kill them I sprayed the plant, twice, with 90% rubbing alcohol. Less than one day after the second dose the entire plant was brown. Needless to say that all of the stress left us with barely middies quality bud, and only 2 ounces of final weight.

Oh well, here are the pics.

Attached Files:

2. They look good man, what strain is that?

This is just awesome!
    [​IMG]

3. Thanks man. It's Power Plant, or at least it's supposed to be. PP is sativa and the past few plants have not grown like a true sative plant. They aren't nearly tall and lanky enough. Regardless I am pleased with the results so far.

4. Nice crystal you got there dude! Nice pictures too!
    That's gonna be some killerweed man!

5. Week 5 Flowering

I've been our of state for the past week so I haven't been able to upload any new pix. The main girl didn't grow as much as I had hoped but she is still going strong. All of the buds are quite dense (which seems to have only started to happen with the past 2 or 3 grows). Hopefully she starts to fill out in the next 3 weeks since I plan on harvesting on the 24th of January.

I think I will probably spend as much time as possible in the basement so as to up the CO2 percentage during these final weeks. I think we should pull about 2 ounces off of her in the end.

She has some weird dots on a few of here leaves. I checked and didn't see any spider mites so I think that they are due to overnuting, but if anyone knows the problem please let me know.

The last 2 pictures are of the vegging giril who I want to just throw into 12/12 without LSTing to see if we can pull off one HUGE bud like I have seen in some other threads. She is under 1 26 W blue spectrum bulb and is well over a month old.

Attached Files:

6. Week 6 flowering

I've been home and here and there for the past two weeks so I haven't been able to post too much as of late, nor baby the plants. The plant looks older than 6 weeks old with the amount of death on the leaves and the darkness of the buds. I think I will have to take a snip or two to check out the trich colors today. Maybe I got ripped off and the seed wasn't Power Plant and are a quicker to harvest sativa. I'll let you guys know what I've found if it confirms my fears.

The buds are plentiful but not terribly thick or dense. I still think 2 ounces is a good bet so I hope the weed is potent. Is there anything I can do in the final weeks/days to encourage trich growth or potency? And does anyone have an idea as to what is wrong with the leaves if it isn't just the plant eating itself?

Here are the pics. The last pic is of one of the worst leaves. It was very dry and cracked when I squeezed it.

Attached Files:

7. I took a look at the trichs and they are stil mostly clear, but there are a few cloudy ones. I think it shouldn't be more than two weeks before she's done. I changed the light from 12/12 to 11/13 in hopes that she will thicken up in these next few weeks. I think I will flush next week.

8. Week 7 Harvested

A series of unfortunate events lead up to my little grow getting dangerously close to the eyes of a plumber sent to my house (without the landlords telling me assholes). In the haste to hide the plant away most of the buds bent the colas completely over. That coupled with the dieing leaves lead to the harvest.

The buds were heavy with water weight post harvest. Hopefully they were also heavy with density (they seem to be pretty dense). All said and done I think it should come out to about 2 ounces. The main cola was/is pretty kickass, about 25 to 30 cm long.

I am not disappointed with the plant as a whole but I wish the other colas had contributed a little more mass rather than height. The buds were reallllly sticky too and smoke well (microwave dried) so I have high hopes for the quality.

Here are the pix. The boxes are the bottom of a drink box and the top to a Scattergories box. The brown box has light and fluffly undergrowth bud with a few bud tops, the Scattergories box speaks for itself. I'll post some pix when all is dry.

Attached Files:

9. looks kick ass good grow

10. nice plants
    sucks about the early harvest.
    they look like they needed more time.

still, theres nothing like smoking homegrown

enjoy

11. Thanks man. This is probably my favorite plant so far, hopefully the next girl will be as nice.

Yeah they could have used a few more days / weeks lol. I was surprised that she had so many brown hairs at that point though. Meh, better luck next grow. And I couldn't agree more about smoking homegrown, thanks for stopping in.

12. Weigh-in

All said and done the bud came to a final weight of 64 grams. I'm more than pleased with a full ounce to myself.

She's dried out enough to start to cure and finally dry enough to have a good smoke. Last night we had 5 people hitting one hooka that I built a few weeks ago. I was nice and high for about 2-3 hours after that.

Today I smoked half a bowl and am the highest I've been in months. I am quite pleased with the smoke.

Here are the dried out pics with my bowl next to the main cola for perspective.

Attached Files:

13. Well bad news :(. The latest PP girl that we were flowering (didn't LST her just to see what she would yield) is gone from the home. We've had a few close calls with people we don't want seeing our plants. The last one was the closest as the gas guy smelled the weed and mentioned smelling it and was a little shady about it (there was a gas leak 2 houses down so we had no notice and no choice but to let him in). So we had a friend come and take her away for fear that our next encounter would be with badges. I'm mad as hell but there's nothing I can do, safety first I guess. I don't know when we'll start again.

Regardless I am still really freaking happy with the last plant. The taste is great, the high is great, and the yield was good so I can't complain too much. If we start another girl you guys will know.

Peace GC, for now.

14. That sucks man, sorry to hear. Good safe call though. At least you got some green out of it.

15. Nice buds youngand stupid. What nutritions do you use through out their grow?