Flowering plant be cloned?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by KRUPTED, Jan 19, 2012.

1. Ok due to a mislable issue, I have put all of my White Rhinos into flower. Now the mother (so I thought) is not WR at all!!! So my question is, Can I clone off a flowering plant? Or will it be ok?

2. Yes, you can.

Traditional rooting is gonna take forever and you have a good chance of losing alot of them. Trust me, i know because when i was a teenager noob trying to grow i was reading that cutting parts of the plant off hurts yield. That's not the case if you do it properly in veg/after presex.

On a blooming plant is way more difficult because the plant is all about continuing the species. If you are somewhere before or shortly after stretch, your chances are better me thinks.

Another way is air layering. Search. I haven't tried this myself. Just went two 17 day rounds with flowering cuttings and gave up. Litereally. The second round i lost one cutting and the rest that were forming the hard root structure on the cut were really taking their time. 17 days to me and getting that far is like "why dont you just plant more seeds?" After 17 days they should be ready to go into some sort of life cycle whether it be veg or straight into bloom. With air layering you dont cut a damn thing until you are ready to plant and go straight into veg. Your clones root on the plant as it grows. No need to toss them under a dome, spray them or anything!

There's hope!

Every pheno/strain exhibits different characteristics so hopefully someone who has tried this has tried it on your strain with good success replies!

3. Thanks for the info!! Thats kinda what I was affraid of. I wish I had more seeds. This clone was givin to me. Keep fingers crossed. Keep you updated. I will look into that other way too sounds interesting. Thanks again!!