flowering nutes ?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by *SPACE#COWBOY*, Aug 1, 2007.

1. hi all, jus wanted to ask a quick q on flowering.
    ive been flowering 4 about 4 weeks now on a single w/w discarded my 2 males, using 2 100 watt incndescent cfl's im usign miracle grow fert npk at 15-30-15. ther are quite a few white hairs sproutign out here nd there jus wondering if im using an ok npk fert and if theres anythin i can do to boost my buds or anythin i can add to my soil ?
    replys much appreciated.
    peace out brothers :gc_rocks:

2. from what i have heard that is a good npk fert

though the N could be lower

somthing like 10-30-15

then again what do i know :rolleyes:

3. ok thanks man, a thort jus needed to check with sum1 hu actually no's what they are doin so im guessin i came to the right place then :D
    peace out bro :wave:

4. yes nitrogen can delay flowering, so u want the 1st # to be low, & the 2nd # high. my flower ferts are 0-50-30, & 0-28-40. u can use all natural unsulferized molassas (1-2tsp per gal of water) to get bigger buds

5. If you use one of the above flower ferts you will also need to add some nitrogen.Its true that to much nitrogen is not good during flowering.but it is needed as the plant still uses plenty of it.look around some of the grow journals.youl see quite abit of plants less than 4 weeks flower with bad yellowing of the lower leaves.this is from nitrogen deficiency.This proves that the plants want and need nitrogen during flowering not just phosphorus & potassium.Something like 15.30.15 would be a better guess for flowering plants probobly closer to 12.30.15

6. ok, so if i was to change to sumthin lyk 12.30.15 wud i need to flush or jus change to that fert upon next feed, also what is natural unsulferized molasses ?
    thanks

7. no need to flush.Flushing soil should always be a last resort,as it also flushes out all the good things with the bad.just use at next feeding.unsulferized molasses is a food product you get at the super market.it has some value as a plant food but really feeds the microbes in the soil.some believe it also feeds the plants carbohydrates,but I believe this to be false information.Feed at 1-2 tbl spoons each watering after the 6th week.

8. thats great thnx man, ive also noticed that over the last week or so my bud hasnt bn growing or growing very slowly, when i first seen the lots of white ahirs they all jus seem to have came from nowhere but after that they jus seem to be dormant dunno if u wud b able to shed sum light on this 4 me, thanks

p.s will b able to post pic very soon

9. hard to say without seeing them.Over all growth dose seem to slow quite abit once flowering starts.Do a good inspection of the plant .if the leaves look good and are reaching for the light then its all good.always inspect your plants closely.The faster you spot any potential problems the easier it will be to keep it from becoming a real problem later.Best of luck man cant wait to see some pics.:)

Edit just saw your using cfl's keep the lights as close as posible this could be why the flowering is stalling.cfls grow well but must be kept verry close to work well.also feed abit light as high nutrient levels are not needed under fluorescents.

10. yes plants are supposed to yellowing as it flowers, most pro growers say that if your plant is nice & green @ harvest, then your not growing right, they say they like to see a garden full of yellowing dead looking plants @ time of harvest. & these products out there like carbo-load, are nothing but molassas. it says right on the lable. & i do add a pinch of N to my flower ferts, just a pinch of 20% N

11. flowering plants from my experence will have 2 major growth sperts, the 1st 2wks & the last 2-3wks of flowering

12. @ jcj77d Iv been looking for you journal but cant seem to find it.Could you provide a link please.Id realy love to check out your grow.With all your great advise You must have an awesome set up!! so come on man share!!:smoke:

13. here you go guys these pics mite b able to help, this is my first grow btw. jus that when i see plants of the same age on g.c they always seem more dense and altogether more robust. Did i mention the strain anyway they are dutch passion's white widow :D i jus want to get a sufficiant amount of smokes, hu duzn't:hello:

14. heres the pics

Attached Files:

15. looks like you got the lights alittle to close :eek:

16. by looking wud u think that by another 4 weeks time that there wud b a reasonable amount :smoke:

17. Tbh I think under the cfls your going to get a good taste but little more.Sorry.did you keep a clone from her?I sugest next grow you get a minimum of a 250 watt hps.do a small scrog.

18. i dont keep one online, no point in imo, b/c its just 1 more way to get caught & for someone to have evidence on me. i keep a log on paper only. & only post pics if im having probs, + im not some young kid, im 30 & got a family, & got better things to do than take pics everyday & post them. sorry. but if u must know, i got 2 160w hps = 36,000 lumens, 1 175w (hp)mh = 17,500 lumens, 1 2ft t5ho 4 bulb (4 grow, 4 bloom) = 8000 lumens, 1 2ft pec flouro 2 bulb (2 grow, 2 bloom) = 9,600 lumens, 1 26w 10.0 UVB bulb = 800 lumens, & various other cfl's & tubes. a mini a/c, 2 16" ocilationg fans, & all the nessary meters, guages & supplies. my space is 4'w x 9'l x 9'h, temps @ 78, & my humidity now is at 50% @ wk 4.5 on 12/12, growing my own breed.

19. #19 Smokinajay, Sep 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    I'm in love with your tea mix and soil blends,, your my boy!!!!god knows his brews!!!