Flowering Light Question

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by ciminera_, Dec 8, 2016.

1. #1 ciminera_, Dec 8, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2016
    I have 1 auto mainly sativa plant that I am ready to flower using CFLs but am wondering if it would be best to use one blue 6500k and one red 3000k for flowering or just use two 6500k or two3000k?

It's currently under two 4100k CFLs and around 21" tall

Thanks.

IMG_1481164824.251032.jpg

I'm proud of my work, this is literally the first plant I've kept alive longer than a week

Sent from Hell

2. Use all of them... with CFL you want as much light as possible, I wouldn't worry to much about spectrum right now. Your correct that there is optimal spectrums of light, but it's gonna grow either way. More light= better developed buds.

• Like Like x 2
  3. 21" from the top of the plant?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

4. Think CFL's can be much closer. 4-6". What's your temps at? If it doesn't burn the back of your hand it's not gonna burn your plant.

• Like Like x 1
  5. From top to base of the stalk.

Sent from Hell

6. It's steady at 80F, I mist the leaves every 1-2 days to help with humidity.

Lights are set about 3-4" above the plant

Sent from Hell

• Like Like x 1
  7. Should be good to go man. Temp should be good at 80 it is kinda high, wouldn't hurt if you could drop it down a few degrees but youll be ok. Keep us posted.

8. If your using cfl's that plant should have been topped at the 3rd node and again at the 6th and been put into flower around 8". It's already way too tall to flower. If it's 21" now and you put it in flower today, it'll be a minimum 63" after two weeks of flowering, way too tall for ANY light, let alone CFL's. CFL's only are good for about 12" for buds, anything below that will be worthless stalk.

If I were you I would take clones and start over.

As for the color, you don't want 6500K for flowering. 3700k and 4100k are ideal, although adding a 6500k for more light is just fine.

Your doing nothing for the plant by misting the leaves, just a waste of time.

• Like Like x 2

9. That's all very useful info. I really appreciate it thanks.

Sent from Hell

10. By the way I have a Pug too!