Flowering hermie?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by DrE420, Aug 27, 2018.

1. feminized seed....showed no signs of male sex during life.....flowering for a few weeks now..... plant had a stressful life..... found and confirmed a seed yesterday..... kinda was worried I killed the only seed from my crop..... but when I went out today and inspected the plant I noticed atleast 1 other seed pod..... can this infect my other plants.... is it a herm? am I just gonna gain a few beans? should I kill it and run away?
    if it is an issue I would rather kill it than affect my other plant.... but been growing it for months now and would hate to kill it if its not necessary.....

ANY AND ALL OPINIONS WELCOMED!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  2. well first of all did you find any male flowers on the plant either full male flowers or what people call nanners cuz some thing pollinated you plant ..if theres no sign of male flowers its not a hermie ,,so the pollen must have come from some where ,,check your other plants for stray male flowers ,,mac,
    pS dont get killing ya plants mate,,

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. That doesn't mean don't keep a very close eye out for bananas or ballsacks

• Like Like x 1
  4. no male flowers anywhere... all were fem seeds..... never seen a male flower ever! all other plants are fine

5. im looking! lol haven't seen anything yet

6. I spent the decade of the seventies picking seeds from my pot and loving every toke I took! Today, I think we may be a bit too paranoid over a seeded plant. I've recently seen some trains of thought that probably fertilization of the female plant doesn't effect potency as much as we once thought. While it no doubt has an impact on quantity, quality won't be detrimental to the point of rendering the plant useless.

If you don't see evidence of male parts on that plant, it's doubtful that it's the culprit. Pollen can travel an insanely long distance by one of several modes so it's going to be difficult to make a determination of the origin. Also, it's doubtful that the one effected plant is going to be unique since your entire garden has probably been subjected to it.

Beautiful plant with a lot of potential. Destroying her would be an unwarranted loss.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. I hate picking through weed to remove seeds reminds me of the 90s. But, I have had plants hermie on me and finished them only 1 was packed with seeds the others were just a few random.

8. wass there an actual seed in that swollen calyx ,,,calxy's swell and look like they got seed in them but in fact they are empty ,,,and any way why kill a plant over one seed ,that just done make any sense to kill it ...mac..

9. yes.... a green bean lol.... imma leave it and watch my garden closely

• Like Like x 1
  10. Are you growing outdoor?
    If you are, more likely that you got bee pollinated.
    No nanners or ball sacks?
    Someone within 2 miles of you has a male plant going.
    Every year I get a few seeds and I know I dont have hermied plants.
    I do have a shit ton of bees and other pollinators in my garden.

• Like Like x 2
  11. few years ago now i harvested my plants and all down one side of one plant near the open window in the grow room had bloody seeds down the one side of it ,,turned out that the guy next door had a big male plant just over the high fence between our apartments ,it had flowered and pollen had got just one plant in my garden well two really cuz another plant had a few seeds on it as well ,,,mac ,,,

• Like Like x 1
  12. Same thing happened to me a few years ago. Six outdoor plants, 12 pounds of bud. Completely seeded.

• Like Like x 1
  13. the seeds that got made by the accidental cross was White widow and an unknown sativa ,,,,,i sent them to a guy in South Africa ,,they turned out really good in the outside sun ,not to tall and a lot of purple buds ,,which most have come from the sativa side of the cross ,,,mac,,

• Like Like x 1