Flowering for 12 weeks

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by jimmyd, Feb 6, 2012.

1. So I've been flowering 15 plants grown from seed of an unknown strain in 2 gallon pots that are about 3 feet tall. Botanicare organic 2 part nutes. Ph at 6.3-6.5 grown in pro mix. 9 plants under 1000w hps 6 under 600w digi hps. Both in tents 5x5 and 3x3. They slowed growing in about week 5 or 6 and seemed to stop all together in week 8-9. We have chalked it up to lock out due to shitty soil. Flushed and fed at half strength they seem to be picking up speed again but still a few weeks to go. Lots of yellow and dying leaves but hardening up and starting to produce more Chrystal. Pistols are mostly gold trichromes are mushroomed but still clear or a bit cloudy. No amber at all. The buds them selves look like they need more time but we are close to 12 weeks now. Should we watch them and see if they grow more or chop em?im stumped. Huge huge buds. Massive. Colas

2. Will post some pics tomorrow

3. If the trichomes aren't ready, there's really no sense in chopping them.

Are they Sativa dominant by any chance?

4. this

skinny or fat leaves

5. When did you start counting flowering? You don't start counting flowering at the flip to 12/12 if the plants aren't flowering yet, you need to wait to start counting until the plant is actually showing sex.

6. I started counting at first sign of pistols. Ya they are a sativa Dom plant. Buddy of mine had 4 clones that ended off seeding like crazy somehow. Produced tons of fem seeds. Every bean is female. I've got hundreds of seeds. The clones were said to have been purple donkey dick. But we really don't know the strain. Out of 15 seeds all from the same place there are 2 different types of weed. It's plain as day. One more sativa long skinny leafs and one intica, short fat leaves and different bud structure all together. And all the seeds come from the same 4 clones. So 2 different strains but there all fem seeds.

7. Sorry just blazed some green crack and started rambling on. Ha. So I guess as long as there is some green left on the plant it's going to still be growing. Yellowing is to be expected this late in flowering so I guess im just waiting for them to kick into high gear like they should be. I'm not experienced in sativa Dom plants. Do they have a point in flowering in the middle where they slow growing?

8. We flipped on November 14 th saw signs of flowering on all plants 3 days later so that's 83 days flowering so far. Checked the run off and it was 4.9 so I'm assuming when they stopped growing they were locked out due to ph. Flushed and corrected the run off was 6.2-6.3 then next watering watered with half strength nutes and corrected so run off was 6.5. They seem to be growing good but really yellow and leafs on the crowns are drying and crumbling on some. But they are moving again and starting to produce more Chrystal. So should I just wait and see what they do? Anyone have any input it would be appreciated

9. usually they take a while to start flowering and dont really take off till the end. some are just slow all the way through.