Flowering Day 17 - White Widow - Comments?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by UnderMe, Oct 30, 2011.

1. Hello GC!

This is my first try with 5 WW feminized seeds. I was lucky enough to get to flowering and not have stressed any of my plants to the point of going hermie. (At least I haven't seen any balls-like structure, only hairs).

So this is what I have for Day 17 of flowering:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My main concern at the moment is, am I up to date? It just seems to be that in the other threads I've looked the plants looked older with greater developed buds after 15 days of flowering but maybe i'm just being paranoid so I would love people's opinions here. Also it has been only one week of using flowering nutrients since I allowed one week for transition.

Cheers!

2. to be honest they do look a little behind from what mine did at 17 days, but they look beautiful and healthy none the less. what type of light are you using?

3. Yea that's what I figured from the research I've done. I used 600W MH and now 600W HPS but i had an open reflector for most of the growth so the lights had to be very far from them or they it would burn the top(which happened to one and she's still lagging behind today). I switched to a closed reflector about one week and a half ago and I can already see faster growth so i'm hoping that was it. I also took a while to transfer pots but now they are in comfortable 5Gs. So i'm hopping that was the reason why my beginning of flowering was slow.

4. sounds to me like it definately could be. sounds like you know what you're doing though and i'm confident they will "catch up".

5. Thanks man it's good to hear someone else here confirm it though. I'll post more in a few days

6. Wish my girls were that healthy! Almost harvest time and my leaves are dieing...

7. lookin mighty fine saaaaaa (sir) lol

8. Thanks guys!
    Imap I looked at yours and they look pretty healthy to me! Maybe the leaf problem is just a nutrient deficiency but nothing too bad. I have many leafs yellowing but all on the bottom so I just cut them off and that seems to be working fine. Hopefully I will get some big buds like yours are turning out though!

9. Sorry for the wait my Internet wasn't working
    My light cycle has been 12/12 for the past 22 days now. I agree with you that they are stretchy but I think it is because I have been raising the light pretty fast because I have about 6 feet of heigh to grow it and also I need to be done before the end of December because I might be traveling. Thats why I did only 30 days of veg while raising the light pretty quickly and they were still able to grow some thick steams so I kind of like it because there's space for the light to shine in the buds in the middle.
    I could post more pics today but in reality I feel like the buds haven't grown that much. I was wondering if you guys have any tips for growing fatter buds? Mine looks so little and thin. I think there could be a little bit of light going through some holes in the air duct so I'm taking care of that tomorrow with a big blanket. Could that be the reason why it is so behind? Also besides that is there anything else I could feed it for it to grow faster? Should I try to put a bit more of nutes in the water? I would appreciate any help
    Peace