Flowering cycle

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by OrganicGrower88, Feb 3, 2018.

1. Hey guys. This may sound like a dumb question but does transition time from veg to bloom count as flowering time? Say I have a 8 week flowering time strain. Does that include transition or,not?

2. Flowering time is counted from first pistils showing.
    Or balls if you're unlucky and get a male.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. running 24 / or 18. then you flip to your 12/12 . when you flip that is day 1 .

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. So i got two completely opposite answers .Which is it?

5. It can sometimes take up to two weeks for pistils to show after you flip.
    That definitely doesn't count as flowering time.

If you go by that, you'd be harvesting two weeks early.

Start counting when you see pistils.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. if i do it your way . i have a strand that flowers in 4 weeks !!!!!!!! ow boy its the fastest strand in the world . and i have other strands that are done in 7 weeks total as soon as i flip . and the breeder says they take 7 weeks . but your telling me it only takes 5 weeks . so i am wrong and stupid and the breeder is incorrect . ..

7. this is the best website it does help a little on this post question .Cannabis Light Schedules: Vegetative Stage vs Flowering Stage | Grow Weed Easy all strands are different . ill never do 1 that takes over 10 weeks max. i get the ones that are the shortest like these Zambeza Seeds - Bonza Seedbank when they tell you how long they are dead on . as soon as you turn it to 12/12 count the weeks and scope them out there done . there are other breeders that say shorter times and take 2 or 4 weeks longer this is very common . there is only 1 way to start counting the flowing time its the proper way . even if you start to see pistols and they may start showing them in 7 days in great condition and you start counting the weeks then you could over due them or under do them . the weeks the breeder says should only be a reference time .

8. Be nice if we could get a few more users in here to straighten this out.

• Like Like x 1
  9. It's what you said in your first post when you see the pistils yes the guy is right saying when you flip it but when you flip it it takes about a week for pistils to show sometimes the pistils already show and you flip it straight away then and count it when you spot them. It can vary slightly but it's not hard to tell when you see the pistils.

Here is a chart on the phases of the pistils.

[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G900FD using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  10. Thanks guys for all your replies. I was leaning towards not counting transition time towards flowering time. Just made it easier for,me to decide. I use a 60x scope and can see the trichomes are mostly cloudy with a lot of clear still too though .Very little amber. Thinking another week to go now on my grow.

11. just give us a pic of them will help you out or give you more conflicting information lol .

• Like Like x 1
  12. Ok. Can't really get a close up pic of the trichomes but heres some pics of a cola .May be able to zoom in and see the trichomes. Let me,know what you think . And btw, these pics are from the beginning of last week. I take pics weekly. My plants in darkness right now so ill be taking more updated pics later. 0129182259b.jpg 0129182259.jpg 0129182259a.jpg

13. You have pre flower which does not count and then you have flower.. Each flower cycle can be different, no breeder knows exact times

14. So how do you know when your plant is ready shitizen? Do you use the trichome, pistil, or other method?

15. The strain I'm growing here is a white widow x big bud which is said to be a 9 week harvest time and 7 weeks flowering time from the breeder. I flipped the switch on 12/3 .Still seeing calyxes bursting open with new white pistils all over the plant, not just on top although mostly on top . I didnt start seeing pistils until 12/17 . so technically i should be going until 2/18 . I'm using a scope to watch truchomes and im also watching the pistils too which will be my ultimate deciding factor anyway .I'm not just going to go by a rough time frame but itd be nice to have a rough timeframe that's somewhat accurate is all .

16. every seed you grow wiII be different. a pIants done when its done.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Yep, look at the trichs.. I usually go to 75% amber.. Depending on the type of high you want.. Go 50% if you want more of a buzz than couch lock

• Like Like x 1
  18. Are you growing a autoflower or a photo plant? 9 weeks is fast even for a autoflower, extremely fast for a photo

19. You can count when they start showing flowers but that is subjective. Someone with a better eye could spot them sooner. I like to just count from day of flip and that reduces confusion. If they take a week longer then they take a week longer. I'm still growing them till they're done regaurdless of when I start counting.

Just cut a plant down at day 65 from flip. Shes the fastest maturing plant I have.

• Like Like x 2
  20. This is a photo plant .And when I say 9 weeks harvest time that's just in flower .Not counting seedling stage and vegetative stage .I vegged this plant from sprout for 3 months shes about 42" round and 42" tall with about a foot and a half of canopy . 0129182300b.jpg 0129182258.jpg 0129182258a.jpg 0129182257.jpg

• Like Like x 2