Flowering and then reveging without harvest

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by SkepticBanana, May 24, 2016.

1. I have a Jack Herer pheno-A (probably) barely in vegetative growth. It's 5 weeks old and growing very slowly. It's 5th pair of leaves are coming in and it's been relatively healthy. It originally developed one really long tap root and that's it, but the roots have begun to develop more and it's no longer this sole monster tap root running loose towards the bottom of the pot. I think the plant has a minor iron deficiency as the bottom set of leaves has yellowed slightly, one still mostly green, and the other wrinkling at the tip, but I am in process of reversing it. The plant is about 6 inches tall. It is an indoor grow with a fan/circulation etc, a MH bulb for lighting. I realize JH may tripple in height during flowering, but 6 inches in a month is way too little and I have room for a monster plant. I read that of u want u can reveg a plant after harvest instead of tossing it all out, but when u harvest u need to leave some buds bc they provide energy for the plant to heal itself and stimulate new growth. I was wondering if I flowered my tiny JH for 3 weeks and without harvesting it revert to vegetative again (for maybe a month before flowering again), would it be larger after the two months it would take to do all that then if I just grew it regularly for two months?

• Like Like x 1
  2. just keep it as it is.....I think it will be faster

3. Man are you overthinking this…

• Like Like x 1
  4. Hey dude, I don't think you are aware how much energy the plant would require to switch from veg to flower, back to veg, and back to flower again. I feel that months could be added on through this process for a yield that would only be slightly larger. The plant explodes at the beginning of flowering because it is the last vertical growth the plant gets before its buds are ready. I get the point you are making, but it's not something simple to manipulate in order to boost growth.

All in all, it's probably going to be worth just waiting. Once the plant gets comfortable new growth will begin. I have some girls at exactly 3 weeks and they are still pretty small too. Post some pics and we can see. Cheers!

5. The speed of foliage growth depends on probably 3 things....what strain you're trying to grow, what size container you're growing in, and what quality of lighting your plant(s) are getting. The speed of growth can be greatly slowed by taking a very tiny plant and placing it in a huge container. The first thing any plant does once introduced to a grow media, is develop a root system. The larger area you give the seedling to root into, the longer you must be prepared to wait for this to finish and the plant get back to growing the part that you see...the foliage. While it's rooting in, the foliage grows very little and the plant uses very little water. All you do during this time period is leave it alone. Until it's rooted in, it's not going to do much and you just have to wait. If this is the case, this is a good lesson for you to learn. Start your plants off in small containers and gradually bring them up in container size. Use good soil (if you are growing in soil), be smart about how you repot/up pot, and let the soil feed your plants...thus little to no nutes needed for most of veg. The big deal is giving them the best light you can and having them in the proper size container. Just good pH'd water is all they need for weeks and weeks. TWW

6. This is the plant at 7 weeks, see its tiny, the strain is Jack Herer which is a sativa dominant hybrid

Attached Files:

7. I put a twist tie up against it so you can see how tall it is. I thought that maybe the pot was too small so I changed it a couple weeks ago

8. this is a slow growing strain..

Chill do it normal

very little is to be gained doing it your way

good luck

• Like Like x 1