Flower question

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by kingpinbuddha, May 11, 2011.

1. How long into the flowering process until I start seeing buds or flowers I went into flowering on the 8th of this month had to because my babies are already a foot to a foot and a half tall and I've heard that they can double or quadruple in size and only have around 5-6 feet of height to grow so had to force flowering couldn't wait till I saw pre flowers

2. This is usually strain dependent but I'd say as long as 2-3 weeks. I placed mine into 12/12 around end of last month and it took almost 2 1/2 weeks to confirm all the sexes.
    ~spacejerk234

3. There are several variables involved including strain and overall maturity of the plant when the photoperiod was changed. The question reads like when will I see buds?... If that's the question then it will be a few weeks. If you are asking when you will see signs of sex ie pistils or pollen sacs then anywhere from 5 days to 2 wks is perfectly normal. I usually see signs of sex at around 1 week but again depending on stain and maturity it could take more or less time.

4. Anywhere from a few days to as much as 3 weeks.

Is your plant showing alternating nodes?

FYI, you aren't "in flower" until your plant is in flower. Flowering is a plant life stage not a timer setting.