Flower Booster / Blossom Enhancer

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by knowboddy, Oct 11, 2008.

1. Why does there have to be so many names for bloom additives? Have you ever tried a Google search for a Bloom/Flower/Blossom Booster/Enhancer? Half the results you get are for enhancing a certain something that's most decidedly not a flower...

Anyway, the reason I brought it up was I was working on a shopping list for a mate of mine who was wanting to get into growing and noticed that pretty much all the nutrients on the list, well absolutely all of them actually, were made by Advanced Nutrients. I guess I just haven't found anything that actually works better for me.

He actually pointed that out to me, which is why I noticed it. He's ordered the base nutes (the Sensi 2-Part) but before long he's going to need his bloom enhancers, flower boosters, bud blasters, whatever you want to call them. I of course recommended Big Bud at the top of the list, but I was wondering if there's anything else I should suggest to him in this category.

He's not strapped for cash and he's looking for the best results he can get so with that in mind, what kind of blossom enhancer or flower booster would you suggest?

2. #2 chemicalcomfort, Oct 11, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2008
    advanced nutrients are good since they used to claim to be engineered to grow cannabis, but after that became illegal to advertise as being solely for illicit drug cultivation, they had to change up everything.

haven't tried them for myself yet though. i'm actually looking into getting some DNF nutrients. they got a sick deal on em at my local hydro shop and i've heard nothing but great things about them as well.

as for the supa-doopa-mega-purple-make-your-plants-bud-like-crazy stuff, i don't buy into that shit. nutes is nutes. just adds complication and a place for you to fuck up. give the plant what it needs and it will do the rest.

3. I agree and disagree. Advanced Nutrients stuff is definitely good, but the Flower Boosters also definitely do work.

All I can say is that if you're skeptical about whether or not Flower Boosters make a difference go out and buy yourself some Big Bud. Get liquid or powder, whichever is easiest for you to use. Use it on one grow. You can thank me later.

Knowboddy, I don't have a lot of new advice for you, sorry. I've shopped around and tried a lot of stuff and in my opinion you're already using the best stuff available so when it comes to Flower Boosters you're given the best advice available. I'm assuming that since you're recommending AN you're recommending Big Bud, Carboload, and so on, but Big Bud is the big one.

4. I use a bloom booster called MOAB bymad farmer. I highly recomend this product for the mid to late period in flowering. it made the buds swell significantly. Also i heard that the liquid versions of the bloom booster like the starting off version then you graduate to the powders.

5. im going to just stick to trying out my mollasses and my simple nutes. right now im just using schultz 10-15-10 and adding mollasses on my next watering. i like to try to keep things simple and somewhat close to how nature would grow dank weed.

6. I like BioBizz. Weed grown in its nutes always win the organic contests too.

7. I use Tiger Bloom from FF, works great for me :D

8. FF all the way-Tiger Bloom,Open Sesame,Beastie Bloomz and Cha Ching.
    Cha Ching will make the plant bud longer and the result is BIG buds full of Tri's.
    4 plants are 6 weeks into budding and it looks like i misted them and then sprinkled sugar on them.
    And they smell very fruity:smoking:

9. I was just looking through my old posts and I totally forgot about this, I gotta tell you guys what happened. So my buddy I was talking about, he came to me wanting advice on how to grow like I do cuz he'd tried the whole "bag seed in a pot with MG soil" thing and ended up with this sad-looking barely smokable plant. So for his first real attempt at growing I made him a list of stuff I knew would grow him bigger and better "flowers".

I made it clear that he didn't need everything but he decides he's gonna go all the way and show me up, right? He buys the whole AN line, calls up their tech support guys and asks them every damn question you can think of. I mean this guy does his damn homework. He's determined that he's gonna show me what "bigger flowers" is all about.

But I don't know any of this. I think he's just wanting to get started, following in my footsteps, that kind of thing. So last month he invites me over to kick his butt on his XBox and he's all like, "hey dude, check this out" and he opens up his cab... holy crap man, I was freakin humbled. He had two plants LSTd under a 600w HPS. His biggest cola was practically the size of my head. He told me last week the final dry weight was just under 2lbs.

So obviously I had to give him props for showing me up, and now I'm grilling him for advice. In his words, all he did was watch them close, stay the hell out of the way and let nature and Advanced Nutrients do the work. I gotta say whatever he did works because those were the biggest buds I've ever seen.

10. LOL, good story knowboddy!

Almost two pounds off a 600w? That's impressive. I'd like to know his secrets!

11. General Hydro also has a couple of excellent products, mix there Kool Bloom with Micro Bloom and have has some solid yields. The prices are about half of some of the other similar type products out there. :smoking:

12. General Hydroponics is okay, even good, but they fall pretty short of Advanced Nutrients imho. Especially on their flower boosters.

In fact I can't think of any flower booster that really comes close to Big Bud. And if you use it with Bud Blood and Overdrive? Amazing!

If nothing else I would recommend not cutting corners on your flower booster.