Flourescent lights are ACE!!!

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by flabulai, Jul 11, 2005.

1. I started growing a seed i found in a bag, and soon found i had a small seedling on my hands, i went out, got a box, some foil and 1 11 watt flourecent light, and th bitch flourished. As the weeks progressed i increased the lighting to 4 20 watt flouros, that i bought for TWO POUNDS EACH!! bargain.

I been usin miracle grow for a fert and nothing else special, take a look at the pics, ivery supirsed and happy that 2 months on i had a kick ass budding plant light this, spending no more than 20pounds!!!!!

2. I'll try that, Im not wild about spend $300-400 for a light.

3. Looks good man. Know if its a bitch yet?

4. :) ok so u say u used juz the one fluro which im doin at the mo...but the foil is wat im interested in cos i have done mi pots in foil...and cut a hole so the seedling is stickn out the top.....they seem to be doin good..so wat u have juz posted has caught me by surprise...shit it loks good ..but get bak to me with the foil thing kol.:cool:

5. foil is good for reflecting the light but it also can be bad. With the light bouncing off the foil to hit the plant the foil may create some hot spots on the plant and burn it very bad if i was you id stay away from foil and most likely use some nice white paint for the light to bounce off of its very good and will keep from getting hot spots and burning the plants.

6. foil will not only rob your plants of some of the light but it will also create heat. use mylar or paint the walls of your grow room flat white to reflect the light. your plants will love it. are you growing in an enclosed area?

7. Wow. I've got to give props. Very nice work. I'm also trying to attempt something very similar with fluoro's.

Do you know what kind of plant it is?

8. Do you know what kind of plant it is?[/QUOTE]

ummm marijuana....perhaps

9. There are many different types of "marijuana plants." I was referring to the specific strain.

It's not funny to be rude.

10. noo it isnt,, and on top of that their is sative and indica and some other bull shit,, and various strains within those types or whatever u call it