floro vs. floro??

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Socki2ya, Oct 23, 2004.

1. hey everyone. new guy here...

is there a major difference between those elongated floro tubes attatched to the cirular base and the blue coated hershy kiss shaped floro bulbs? if anyone knows what im talking about could you please describe why one would be better than the other?? would a 130watt hershy kiss bulb be enough for one plant? or would i be better off buying a HPS bulb, could i use HPS througout the whole growing period without any floro bulbs? thanks

socki

2. I'm not exactly sure but i think you mean the florecent tubes (anywere from 2 to 8 feet long) vs the CFLs (also known as energy saving light bulbs, the ones that can screw into normal sockets)...As for which ones better I'm almost certian the tubes are better than the CFLs, though if you had enough cfls they would be equal and can be better (much easier to position around a plant). Though for growing (yes even though i'm using CFLs) if you can afford it and i would definatly go for the HPS lighting, but then again thats only if you have the money/space and well somewhat serious about growing.