floro light????

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by timmy, Oct 9, 2004.

1. alright. my main question is what is a cool white floro tube? is that just a normal tube that would come with a floro light? because right now i have 2 normal floro tubes and two plant grow floro lights that have the red and blue spectrum in them. should i use the plant grow light for flowering and for veg or should i use the normal floro tube and then switch to the plant grow one for flowering? is a cool white floro tube just a normal one or is it special?!!? im so confused! please help! thank you!

2. Cool white flouros are those higher in the blue range.. reccomended for vegging purposes.. Also don't emit (comparatively) much heat.

3. are those just the normal lights? or are they somthing special?

4. get CFL's... Compact Flouro Lights... pretty cheap like $9 for ~40 watts... you'll want to pick up some cool whites for veggin.. warm whites for flowering.. Tubes cant hurt really.. but CFL's would be better imo...

5. alright well i have some tubes already. so i will buy some cfls when i can. can i use them with the floro tubes? do they screw into a normal light bulb? thanks!

6. Hi tim, I use the round type flo's as well. 40 watts packed into that little cirlce seems to really get them growing well. I use two per veg box and have steady, healthy growth. The heat is very minimal with these lamps making them ideal for close up work. tc gm714

7. alright... this is my plan. i have 2 48" plant grow floro tubes that are full spectrum hanging and then i can get the cfls and put them on the sides so that my plants will be bushier than tall since i dont have a super tall space. i will use cool white cfls on the sides and then switch to the red spectrum ones for flowering but i'll keep the full spectrum tubes on during flowering and veg. then im gonna try and get my hands on a space heater too. how does that sound? should i set up the lighting a different way?

8. id do tubes on the side.. cfls above..

9. ok sounds good. thanks!

10. Oh ya just 1 little point,
    Cool whites are not the highest in Blue, Daylight spec/Deluxe are!
    Cool whites are fairly balanced with slightly more blue than red!
    Daylight spec/Deluxe are 6400-6500k which is completely in the blue spectrum, and is easily seen by the Very Blue light they emit!
    Gives Tighter node spacing, and bushier leafy growth than cool whites!
    CWL

11. good info cwl.. thanks :D

12. No prob ;)
    Its nice to be nice :D
    CWL