Floranova + Cal Mag question

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by S.F. Sage, Feb 19, 2010.

1. Is anyone out there in the city using a cal mag supplement with their Floranova?

The reason I ask is cause i am looking a lil cal diff right now but i can't figure out how much to add to the mix since the Floranova has no instructions for its use.

any help would be greatly appreciated thanks everyone!

2. If you're using RO water, you have to supplement cal-mag. I would say supplementing with tap water is kind of a feel thing, everybodies is different, so some peeps might not need to and others will.

3. This isnt tru??? Check my sig I have a formula and everything and have always used the Nova series. Why do i know this guys statement to be false? Well RO water has more stuff in it than distilled does, and I used distilled, never had a def. before neither has neone of my fellow growers and one guy has done 32 generations of plants and many different strains. We all use B'cuzz coco fiber and we all use distilled and the nova series when i experimented with ONENESS i had many defs with distilled switched back to nova and 0. You got any pics?

4. right I only use RO and i am thats why i want to know what other people are measuring it out to because on the floranova bottle it doesn't give you instructions to use it and cal mag doesn't have instructions on it, it says to refer to nutrient bottle.:D

I used to use pureblend pro and they suggest to use 5ml per gallon:confused:

5. #5 soapman, Feb 19, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2010

I think you need to go back and read what I wrote. I think you read to fast or something. (biting my tongue)

Sage, you can use that cal/mag shit from the company that makes the shit pureblend that you said you used what's that company called, it's right ther.............BOTANICARE!!!! whoa didn't think I was gonna think of that for a minute

6. yea that sounds good 5 ml per gallon. can even go with 10 ml per gallon and youll be fine. i've had experience with different feeding schedules and 5-10 works well for all. just give what your plants ask for ;)
    hope i helped
    good luck and good growing

7. Im confused? lol why would he have to use a cal-mag with RO when i dont even do it with distilled. Maybe theres logic behind it maybe im misunderstanding?

8. #8 soapman, Feb 19, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2010
    Cause the ro system filters calcium and mag out of the water, probably not all of it, but a good portion of it as well as all the other shit taken out of it. Distilled water isn't made this way which is why you didn't have problems.

Infact steamed distilled water is probably the most pure water you can get. Just distilled water is really expensive to produce. RO is more cost effective.

Here's a good read for you http://www.wellness-water-filter.com/dis_rev.html

9. just add a little Blackstrap molasses to your feeding, it will compensate for calcium deficiency. Its a very good source for calcium and your plants will love the molasses

10. I normally add CalMag to my RO water to bring it up to 150ppm then ph it to 5.8 and use that for watering and it keeps the mag def's away.

If you have a def then I'd add it and see how it reacts, a little extra doesn't hurt anything.

11. don't post less u know what u talking bout i'm in dwc dude

12. allllllllllsoooooooooooo i put in 5ml per gallon and we good now l8

13. First of all, you dont need to be a douche. Second, you never specified DWC in your original post. Third, you can use molasses in DWC setup.

14. Whoever wrote this is WRONG!!!!! R/o water removes almost everything in it. (Reverse osmosis) look it up. Distilled water doesn't remove all the minerals that is why when using r/o water you have to supplement the micro nutrients. Do the research before writing or else you might f*ck ^ someones plants and harvest.

15. You mean this part?