floodlight?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by buddhasmoke791, Nov 9, 2012.

1. hey guys ok so i have a current cfl grow and some 60w outdoor floodlights i got cheap from walmart i figured id try em out since my grow area tends to get cold those babies put off some heat but anyways i got one plant flowering so to dump the confusion i have 2 26wcfls and 1 60w floodlight over the one plant ..anyone ever used these? t

2. An incandescent floodlight will not help provide proper light for your plant...consider it just as a heater, not a useful light source...

Flowering a plant with only 52W will probably not provide great yields...just a FYI...

3. ah thank you very much new to the grow scene ill just have to pick up a few more cfls or figure out why my hps bulb wont turn on in my 400w mh/hps light

4. Do you have a ballast? HIDs don't work without ballasts.

5. yea it came with a ballast mh works great but the hps dosnt work.

6. most ballast only work with the bulb that the ballast is made for. for instance 400mh can not run a 400hps unless its a switchable ballast meaning the ballast can run either bulb with a flip of the switch. although a hps ballast can run a mh conversion bulb.

7. Are you sure it's a MH/HPS ballast, ot just a MH one?

Why not just run the MH bulb? Yes...HPS has a slightly better spectrum for flowering, but MH will work just fine...much better than just a couple of CFLs...

8. MH are ideal for veg. You only really need Hps for flower but you can just supplement with 2700K CFLs and you'll be golden.

By the way, what temp are your CFLs?

9. I'm not sure all I know is they are 26w soft whites

10. [quote name='"buddhasmoke791"']I'm not sure all I know is they are 26w soft whites[/quote]

Cool, soft whites are 2700K bulbs. You can use your MH for veg and these bulbs to supplement for flower. Should work out well for you.

11. Right on thanks man ill try that