Flood-n-Drain question

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by nucleo, Jan 2, 2009.

1. Using a very fast and powerful flood and drain system that takes less than 2 minutes to pump 22 litres of water into the pots which are 11 litres each - How would one go about if they are 5 weeks into flowering over a 12 week period but the plant is 1/2 submerged into the pots were the base of the stem it pretty much touching the bottom of the pots?

Let's take into consideration that if the plants roots sits back just under the top of the clay pebbles used, the plants will most likely fall to a side during a flood since the water moves the pebbles around and causes imbalance to the plant causing it to fall.

I really don't know about what the difference would be if we managed to pull it up while it's flooding or if we should just leave it were it is like its been for the few days.

The problem was, the plant gets sucked in, the bottom fan leaves also get sucked in, the plant looses body parts as the plant keeps sinking with the rest of the leaves/branches. Think "quicksand".

I would say the plants are 15-18" tall but appear as half of that because half of their body is in the medium.

Can anyone explain to me what is going on with the plants as they are in their current state??

Any tips?

2. Sounds like you are flooding it too high. The top of the water should be below the top of the rocks. You shouldent even be able to see the water when its flooding unless you put your hand into it. When the water goes over the top of the rocks the plants tend to move around alot more.