flood and drain system timer help

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by BioloGyMaJor, Apr 20, 2008.

1. Hi guys,

So i havent started growing yet until i finish setting up all of my equipment and get my seeds from nirvana. ( god i hope they come through) anyways. i bought a brand new multi socket timer. for my first grow im going to be growing skunk #1 and master kush. I mainly wanted to know these three questions.

1) how should i set my time; etc : floods 3 times a day, floods for 3 hours then goes 4 hours without and then 3 with. and so on.

2) is there a deadly amount of time for a plant to not recieve water; if my timer sytem fails or something

3) is the flood//drain system a solid system for both flowering and veg cycles.

Happy Gardening,
    TeXas :hello:

2. it seems like no one answers any post that i put :(

3. flood and drain is fine for both veg & flower, as for timings I would flood for 15-30mins twice a day.
    All plants will start to wilt after about 24-36 hours with no water, due to the lighting ok.

4. Hey man i do flood drain. i do 15min on/ 30 min off. I have no problems with this at all and all my plants look great.

5. have been growing in flood and drain and drip(drip for veg,flood and drain for flower) for 8 years my timers for both are 3 times a day for 15 mins spread through the light period getting the flood a hour after lights are on for the first one!hope this helps and good luck with your grow!!! to much flooding does nothing except giving you root problems.also i use rockwool for rooting and hydroton for a medium!!!

6. thank you guys!

this is exactly what i needed to hear to be positive about my grow.

Happy Gardening,
    TeXas :hello: