Float valve for bubbleponics

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by winks00, May 20, 2021.

1. I am looking for a float valve that I can use in a bubbleponics bucket. My issue with the typical float valves is that the roots grow around them and stop them from opening or closing.. I thought about a cage, but roots can grow right through a cage.. I am going out of town for a week and can easily keep them topped off with a reservoir as long as I have a float valve that will work the entire week I am gone...

2. I have 2 weeks to figure something out. I was really hoping to be finished before this vacation, but it was moved up about a month, so I am forced to figure out a different plan... If I absolutely have to, I can connect the bubbleponics bucket to a separate bucket with a 1" pvc pipe and put the valve in the bucket with water only, then let the reservoir full both buckets.. However that defeats the purpose of me switching from an Undercurrent RDWC system to a bubbleponics system.. I really wanted to keep it extremely simple. So far everything is going good and I have had almost no issues through my 4th week of flower...

3. I use float valves in several 5-10 gallon reservoirs.
    The float valve sits above the roots, and isn't affected by them.
    This is my favorite kind because it's easy to adjust.

4. thank you for your speedy answer!! I will order a couple and get them installed so I have time to work out any issues..