Flo glass?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by tookmaster, Aug 5, 2011.

1. Whoever that is isn't coming back. They have 2 post and seemingly only signed up to try to blast flo which they failed at.

It would be funny if it were one of those 2 girls though.

2. #22 Buffalosoldier2, Jan 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2012
  3. Here's what I know for sure. There are about 5 exscape shops in NY all owned by Pyramid. Also they own smokers choice and lookah hookah in rochester and I am guessing a bunch more. So yes they buy chinese glass. Probably a lot of it for there various shops but its not all they sell. The exscape shops have a small display of china glass and the rest is all name brand. They even have some things from illadelph salt in each shop. Id just like to visit each one cause its a really nice shop. It's better than Elab or Ghost dog on prices for sure you really cant beat there prices. I just bought a flo ash catcher with a removable perc 29mm downstem. It works very well and doesnt empty out of water because it has a second chamber like a splash guard to keep the water in the piece. I will admit some of the pieces from flo looks a little bit like some of the better made "Chinese" pieces but I think what thy are doing is making a lot of stuff without label and selling it inexpensive, its basically flo glass but since flo hasnt taken off I think they leave the label off and sell it a little cheaper. I think the lesson for them here is that people are dumb enough to think that what you pay for something desides the quality and that isnt always the case but if they had made it a more expensive line then people wouldnt be all worried about chinese glass. Even my unlabeled pieces from one of pyramids shops have reinforced multi tree percs and are thick. I guess I forgot to mention that Pyramid owns flo and does the blowing and everything so they are a pretty big company now with their own glass line.

4. considering when i went to Ithaca the best shop was exscape theres not much Chinese in there but all the other shops around were trash and just fullll of china

5. I own a few shops in NY but closer to NYC (not in the city) and I am very familiar with Flo Tubes as well as Designs by Pyramid; the company who distributes them (and yes I said DISTRIBUTES). I have had these in my stores and sold them in the past. I am absolutely 100% positive they are made in China because I have been in the warehouse in Oneonta, NY. In that warehouse are pallets of them all with shipping labels which say CHINA on them (it was a dead giveaway, they come in by the pallet). When I first started selling them I asked and was told they were American made and that is why I started selling them. It wasn't till later on when I visited that warehouse that I found out they were Chinese. Almost everything from that warehouse is imported. The same owner owns several shops scattered throughout upstate NY (Albany, Rochester, Syracuse, Ithaca and I am probably missing a few. I am not saying everything in those stores is Chinese because I haven't been to them but being its the same owner who runs both a wholesale and retail end of the business I am sure a lot of it is the same stuff and I am sure those stores are the ones selling Flos. Excape is one of them but I don't know the names of the rest of the stores but I am sure if they sell Flo - it is the same owner. I am not knocking Flo Tubes at all, they have their spot in the market just keep in mind they ARE imported and they should not be selling for as much as the American made tubes. Some stores probably try to pass them off as American made but they are NOT. I am sorry I portrayed an imported pipe to be American to my customers in the past but now that I know you will not find these Flo products in ANY of my stores anymore. All the ones left will be marked way down and goodbye Flo. I have seen a lot of imported water pipes and I have to admit, they are pretty nice for imports but they are still imports and should be priced accordingly.

6. Exscape is the name of headshops owned by DBP and were not to long ago brought up in a facebook group called "true heads against knock offs and imports" for selling fake roors, illadelphs and other garbage they were importing claiming to be US made. a rep from Illadelph posted that they sent a cease and desist letter and were very pissed about the situation.. just what i saw on facebook! haha

7. If the same group owns smokers choice I heard that fake pure bongs have frosted glass then an area of non frosted around the frosted lettering or reverse nonfrosted frosted with non frosted lettering which I have seen thses kinds at a smokers choice

8. I am from Rochester New York and one thing i have to say is that flo tubes are great i have smoked a couple and both seemed like very solid pieces, but in all honesty id rather buy like a lux, illadelph or a roor tube just because those are big named quality brands. Hope this helped.

9. Shout out to Rochester!

10. I own a straight flo tube, no percs. It's a solid piece nothing special. If your buying a piece with a lot of percs I would stay away from flo just cause the glass seems a little thin an I wouldn't want to invest big money into them. But for a 100 straight tube your not going to do better then a flo

im from ithaca clearly you didn't go into ithacas glass or headdies. 

12. #33 MrTea, Jun 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2013
    You clearly either did not read or understand his post. Just because glass is assembled on America does not make it American made. Many big name companies order tubing from Chinese wholesalers, cut a perc and weld it all together. Assembled in America, made by Chinese. What that means is you DO have Chiba glass....only is constructed by Americans. Watch your language BTW thats totally unacceptable and immature.

13. flo glass is 100% chinese, those of you saying that it's blown locally are either misinformed or ignorant. There are excape shops all across the country (i live in PA) and they all sell flo glass. Think of "walmart" brand as opposed to name brand. For some things that doesnt make a difference, but i prefer my glass to be of high quality. The quality of a flo piece when compared to any American or German glass is pretty obvious, it makes me sad to see so many supporters of chinese glass. If you're getting an inline tube with a perc for 125, you're stupid to think that it is a quality product. There are no local "flo" blowers, that crap is sold all across the country in huge amounts..... makes me laugh

14. #35 Will_Blaze, Nov 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2013
    I just bought a Flo because the people at the fucking shop assured me it was US made.... 6 arm downstem leading into an 8 arm perc, 5mm thickness. Seemed legit because I'm really not knowledgeable about these kinds of things. That just made my day a little worse. Like, is it even good glass for the money or is it just crap? 

Do they have a return policy for unused glass? 

15. Flo glass is a good, quality glass brand. It is hand blown in New York state (at least I believe it is, the owner lives in New York so I assume the glass is blown in NY). I do know that the glass IS hand blown, and I know this because I've spoken to the owner at the Exscape Smoke shop in State College Pennsylvania. I've held, inspected (with great scrutiny), and smoked out of Flo bongs as well as a few Flo dab rigs. All of them gave me a very smooth, pleasurable smoking experience and are well constructed (glass joints fit together very well, percs aren't a bitch to fill up, glass is a good thickness, etc.). I would easily buy a Flo bong over a ROOR or a Sour, and it is about a quarter of the price. Definitely worth the money, overall good purchase.

16. #37 wiskywick, Aug 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2014
    @[member="HBGBUB"] exscape smoke shop is nothing compared to ghost dog or even elab. its much better to dish out alot of dough for a zob or even better an illadelph or toro. flo glass is a joke, i know some seasoned smokers all of who hate flo for its lame construction and quality. next time i highly suggest getting a real piece of glass, you will immediately tell a difference. 

p.s exscape was sued for selling counterfeit labeled tubes i.e. roor

17. Yeah I was I'll informed when o wrote that post a few years ago. I've learned the error of my ways