Flo glass?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by tookmaster, Aug 5, 2011.

1. Has anyone heard of or bought any Flo Glass? I'm in New York state so I'm thinking maybe it's a local blower, my lhs got in a shipment of their bongs recently. They look pretty nice, they use all clear glass, they have some beaker bottoms and straights tubes, most have diffused downstems. The one I'm looking at is a beamer with simple slot diffused downstem, glass on glass mid sized joint,they also have a carbon ash catcher on sale with it, and about 14-16" tall. it's only $110 with the ashcatcher. Would have got a pic but they don't allow photography at the store. What I want to know is if anyone has any opinions of this brand or any experience with them?

2. Any help would be appreciated!

3. Don't know anything about the brand, or what a beamer is... but I'll tell you this, if it's a straight tube you can probably tell by looking at it if it's worth the cash. If the thickness is 4-5mm or more you are good, make sure the glass looks good, no marks or anything. If all is well I would say it sounds like a decent deal for a GonG tube. Carbon filters are the shit btw. Hope this helped.

4. Meant to type beaker, autowrong on iPhone never works. Thanks for the advice

5. I have seen this brand in syracuse ny and was wondering how they were never have hearing of them before so whats the skinny on the piece how is it?

6. China. Don't buy that or anything else from the "lhs" carrying them. If a business owner buys a brand of glass from China, I would assume most of his other products are either knock offs or straight outta the hands of a 12 year old glassblower. Flo tubes are crap, plain and simple. Any tube set up like you described with an ash catcher included should COST the store $110 - such a low retail price should scream "China," bro.

7. I have seen flo in a store and they looked like they could be nice don't remember to much about them though

8. #8 HBGBUB, Nov 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2011
    [quote name='"shopgirl666"']China. Don't buy that or anything else from the "lhs" carrying them. If a business owner buys a brand of glass from China, I would assume most of his other products are either knock offs or straight outta the hands of a 12 year old glassblower. Flo tubes are crap, plain and simple. Any tube set up like you described with an ash catcher included should COST the store $110 - such a low retail price should scream "China," bro.[/quote]

And you're dumb. They are not "china", they are actually pretty quality pieces. I own 2 flo tubes, 1 beaker and a pretty sick inline. Both bongs are very thick and well crafted.

They are locally blown. The shop I go to in Rochester has a huge selection of flo, the owners company is licensed to blow their bongs or something like that I'm not a hundred percent on all the business workings but def not China.

They aren't the greatest tubes in the world but for the price there is no way you can go wrong.

Here's a video of my "china" flo

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMoZPzZYcvI[/ame]

please refrain from calling names.. - YODA

9. 7MM or 5MM Chinese glass is still Chinese glass. You can't physically go to the place where Flo tubes are made because they order plain, clear, tubes from anywhere BUT America and slap a graphically inclined decal on the front and ship nationwide. Even a worked tube from Flo is probably crafted by someone making pennies on the dollar for a craft they could master here in the states, but are instead paid a small salary and are thankful for that. Life inside our tiny, cracking, American bubble is nice and cooshy, so we'd rather not think about people suffering day to day just to keep food on their table every night. The imported glass industry is taking advantage of those less fortunate, and the distributors, much like the owner of this Rochester shop, is banking on a 70% profit margin, MINIMUM because his costs for this cheap crap is so low. Flo is a prime example of the tomfoolery that is imports and knock offs. Make the customer think they are getting a good deal, and you won't have any problems. I am very familiar with the quality standards of an American crafted water pipe, and I'd take the Pepsi challenge any day of the week.

10. Only 2 posts......
    are you the same person that was making a fuss about Exscape and Pyramiddesigns a while ago on glasspipes.org?

The ex-employee or whatever?

11. HBGBUB is right Im also in the Rochester NY area and I have probably been to the same shop as him. The reason I know this is because at Exscape on Monroe Ave in Rochester i talked to them about it actually more than one person and what I found out is that they own the Brand and they it blown here in the US. They are nice bongs and unless you have been to an Exscape shop (there are atleast 5 of them and they also own some of the smaller shops) then you don't have anything to say because I looked them over and they are really nice quality US pieces. I bought a Pyrology Kettle bottom with Helix Glycerine coil and I also have a bunch of Flo jars from there. It really is quality stuff at a great price and I'm gonna start collecting it. i wish they had pictures online.

Hey HGB I'm from the Rochester Area. Glad to hear your enjoying your flo's. My buddies and I had a gun pulled on us on Chili ave so be careful. Peace.

12. On the ex employee thing. There where two really cute girls working at the Rochester Exscape and they got fired cause there where dirty pipes in the back of the shop. Like not cushy enough they have to smoke too? Thats probably one of them!

13. Yeah its the one on Monroe ave. I really like that place I just got that itza disk to 13 that was there. I love it.

Chili ave isn't that bad Joseph ave is much much worse haha but I stay away from the bad parts which is most of it.

14. Lots of cheap bud in the bad parts though. Prolly not worth it, got a gun pulled on me on Norton lookin to score some.

15. Haha my safety is worth whatever extra cost to me

16. How does flo compare to other brands?

17. I think they are really nice. They are well made, unique and have a lot of variation in the line. It's thick glass and its very resonable. They have this bong that is stemless and it has 3 gridded disks but the bottom one is gridden on the left then middle is right then top is left. And Its pretty sweet lookin. They have some nice ash catchers too. Its blown in NY. They had V Syndicate that made the grinder card (which was number one product in cannabis cup) make a flo grinder card for them and it comes with a lot of their pieces. really nice stuff I'm going to be buying from them next and maybe a couple times. I already have a bunch of their glass jars. And I have their diffusor beads. They have a triple 8 arm tree perc bong for $200 that i want. I already have an expensive bong and these are same quality but reasonable. Everything at Exscape is pretty reasonable.

18. Theyre pretty nice. Just bought a 14 inch beaker, rips pretty hard.

19. ^ I concur. I also have a flo beaker and my friend has a few if their straight tube with tree percs and I really like them. The glass is decently thick and there really are no defects.

I highly recommend going to exscape in Rochester if you are thinkin about it. The prices are really good and the people are all really friendly and helpful.

20. [quote name='"shopgirl666"']7MM or 5MM Chinese glass is still Chinese glass. You can't physically go to the place where Flo tubes are made because they order plain, clear, tubes from anywhere BUT America and slap a graphically inclined decal on the front and ship nationwide. Even a worked tube from Flo is probably crafted by someone making pennies on the dollar for a craft they could master here in the states, but are instead paid a small salary and are thankful for that. Life inside our tiny, cracking, American bubble is nice and cooshy, so we'd rather not think about people suffering day to day just to keep food on their table every night. The imported glass industry is taking advantage of those less fortunate, and the distributors, much like the owner of this Rochester shop, is banking on a 70% profit margin, MINIMUM because his costs for this cheap crap is so low. Flo is a prime example of the tomfoolery that is imports and knock offs. Make the customer think they are getting a good deal, and you won't have any problems. I am very familiar with the quality standards of an American crafted water pipe, and I'd take the Pepsi challenge any day of the week.[/quote]

Shut.the.fuck.up.dumb.bitch, read the thread they are not Chinese If something is blown locally then it can't be Chinese, just because it's cheap doesnt make it Chinese, now go make me a sandwich and maybe I'll forget how wrong you were.

name calling/ disrespect has no place in the city, please keep insults such as this to yourself. - YODA