Flipping a cop the bird

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by azcactus, Apr 2, 2014.

1. WASHINGTON -- A police officer can't pull you over and arrest you just because you gave him the finger, a federal appeals court declared Thursday.  

In a 14-page opinion, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 2nd Circuit ruled that the "ancient gesture of insult is not the basis for a reasonable suspicion of a traffic violation or impending criminal activity."

2. Is this only for Washington or what

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. They could still haggle you then pull u over for the smallest thing after. Try it

4. If i lived there i would, make sure everything on my car is spotless, no broken lights, insurance up to date, any tickets paid and all that. And go around looking for police to show them what my middle finger looks like.

5. Haha…think I'll pass on that idea, but my hats off to that guy who had the $$$ to drag it that far. NYK, I think Appeals Court Decisions are laterally observed.

6. doesnt mean they wont find a reason to fuck with you

7. sweet........buuuuut, source?

8. Lol try it and see how that works out for you

9. If you flip off a cop for no other reason than it's a cop and you can't get in trouble for it your a huge douche bag. Pretty immature to do that to somebody just doing their job trying to go home to there family not all cops are bad people.

10. Why would you wish a cop harm though? If they're honest living people they are there to protect you from murderers and women and children from rapists.

Sent from my LGMS769 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. Cop wrecked my car last year I politely gave him two birds when I regained consciousness, and I was hit with a 5000$ fine to the city.

12. Wonder how fast that middle finger will retract when you need some help. Can't hate on all cops people, being around criminals all day long will make you like that.

13. If you are referring as the cops as the criminals yes. Those are the real criminals, I don't care how many good ones are there. There's more with a bad rep then good. & you know you can flunk, drop out of high school & still be in the police force. The biggest idiots that don't know shit of the law & American citizens rights. There has been reports of a a police academy that rejected a man for having to high of an IQ level. If you don't see something wrong with our "protection" then you are blind. Do some research of some new laws Obama & the legislative have been passing with us not knowing.

Sent from DEA Surveillance Van

14. that's interesting, because i saw the cops arrest a woman after she flipped off a group of people (not cops).

15. Sweeeet...

16. #17 Currin_0, Apr 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2014
    Dude this was like jan 2013 news.. your tripping.

17. #18 CrispyBacon, Apr 2, 2014

was i complaining about cops being law abiding and following the rules? no.

I was talking about how a lot of the people that shit on cops are the same people that would call them when they are in need of help. and sure you can deny it, but you would too.

and these reports you speak of people getting rejected from the force for having a high IQ is not a secret and is super old news, the US District Court has said its rational. they say the reasoning for this is because people with high iq's get bored of the job easily and drop out at faster rates then people with average iq's.

and don't tell me to do more research on anything. i gaurantee if i brought in someone that does politics for a living, he would probably shit on all your allegations.

thanks obama.

edit: spelling

18. You can flip off a cop, correct, but if any other citizen sees it the cop can ticket you for 'indecent behavior in public'. So you might think your cool, but I wouldn't.

---------------------------------------
    Smoke On! c(o.oc)

19. #20 Majestic Raven, Apr 2, 2014
    The cop would follow you for miles until he found a reason to pull you over and give you the absolute maximum fine for the violation.